SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Crew Wanted/Available (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/)
-   -   Looking for experienced sailor(s) for trip from Georgia to Maryland (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/104463-looking-experienced-sailor-s-trip-georgia-maryland.html)

zz3k39 10-06-2013 12:18 PM

Looking for experienced sailor(s) for trip from Georgia to Maryland

Hello,
I just sold a 42 ft sailboat to a man and wife who are looking for an experienced skipper, crew, man and wife team, anyone that have enough experience to take a trip like that.
This couple that bought the boat, they have no sailing experience, but are taking a 3 day course to get certified. Thats what we are dealing with.
The purchasers could pay some for time and expenses, but not enough money for a delivery captain. Not that kind of money. Maybe they can pay like up to $700-$1,000 total. Maybe like $700 with paying the bus ride back. Or maybe airfare back.
Does anyone want to take a sailing trip and get some reimbursement for it?
You can contact me (the seller) by phone at:765-520-0638
Thanks and have a good day!
Ron

xort 10-06-2013 04:30 PM

If they bought a 42' boat but can't afford a captains help, what else can't they afford?

SVAuspicious 10-07-2013 08:29 AM

Re: Looking for experienced sailor(s) for trip from Georgia to Maryland

Quote:

Originally Posted by xort (Post 1099926)
If they bought a 42' boat but can't afford a captains help, what else can't they afford?

That would be high on my list of concerns as volunteer crew.

zz3k39 10-07-2013 12:09 PM

I'm sure they would cover food and all thats necessary. The question of travel would have to be addressed, how the crew would get from point a to point b and return back. I'm sure that could be paid also, whether by bus or by plane. that would need to be worked out.
good day

azguy 10-07-2013 12:16 PM

Bus..?? That's funny

They buy a 42' boat and can/want only to spend a grand to get it to them safely.....

plus, 42' seems like a large bit when you have zero sailing experience like the OP says they do...

I took ASA 101 & 103 and have rented a 22' Catalina about 5 times in the last 45 days and when I was on a 27' this weekend I was like, wow, this boat is HUGE....

Capt Len 10-07-2013 12:29 PM

Gee, that sounds like fun. Where are points A and B??

DRFerron 10-07-2013 12:39 PM

Let's not shoot the messenger.

Although the posted points are valid.

zz3k39 10-07-2013 12:39 PM

Yes, they are biting off quite a bit.
Going from zero to 42ft,..its quite a step.
I like the smaller step myself....even a 27ft is a big step for a non-sailor taking a 3 day course.
Thats why they need someone with full experience.

zz3k39 10-07-2013 12:41 PM

Point A would be Brunswick, GA,...and point B would be Baltimore Maryland

jameswilson29 10-07-2013 12:46 PM

Point A would be obtaining an internet connection and a computer and posting this themselves...

Helpless, helpless and helpless, that's the kind of captain I want to sail with, someone who gets in over his head and can't solve his own problems! Go, the new boat owner!