SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

How much do you charge paying crew as a skipper a day

• none free on board.

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • $10

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • $15

• $20

• $30

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $40 or more

• With No tinned fish or meat on the menu

• With No instant noodles or instant soup on the menu

• Do you do the midnight watch when paying crew are on board

• It is reasonable crew pay for the whole passage in advance and you hold their passports

Votes: 3 23.1%
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warning warning advertising for paying crew

10K views 55 replies 20 participants last post by  bljones 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
WARNING WARNING WARNING

Hello!

I would like to warn everybody who wants to take part in

Please read Go to ...

Edit: Deleted of links that Violate the forum rule against "Axes to grind": Jeff_H SailNet Moderator

Just came back after sailing with them for two months around Philippines, Palau and FSM. We did visit some incredible places, but if your health, time and money are important to you, then please think twice before joining them. Safety and sanitary conditions aboard were bad, diving wasn't organised properly, atmosphere was tedious, captain owes thousands of dollars to paying crew members, etc...

Please read the following articles, if you are considering to join the ................ The first one is the article wrtten, while he was still aboard and the second one is a proper review written by another ex crew member.

Please read

Edit: Deleted of links that Violate the forum rule against "Axes to grind": Jeff_H SailNet Moderator

See less See more
#53 ·
No, you completely wrong

:laugher:laugher:laugher

I love how he just says your wrong. No matter what you say. I think this thread really needs to just be closed. All he does is cut and paste the same reply's.

Bottom line is he knew what he was getting into and did not like it after they asked him to do some things that he thought he should not have to do. Sure sounds like whining to me. If this is not whining I don't know what is. Reading the web site you can tell what you are getting yourself into. I will say though if you get a sale price on Carnival Cruse Lines you can get about the same price per day, so he would likely be better off there. My boss just got a balcony room for $600 per person for 10 days! You get to eat all kinds of food, even all you can eat buffets 24 hours a day, they make your bed for you and even come in and make animals out of towels for you in the evening.

But I am sure he will reply that I am completely wrong. Not even sure how you can be completely wrong, after all there has to be some slight level of correctness no?

#55 ·
Thanks.

No where have I stated that I signed or was even on the boat.

I read the article and thought it would be a good idea for other members inexperienced crew to be wary and avoid such vessel plus similiar vessels.

I know from past experience how captains and boat owners change their minds after you have agreed to certain criteria, voyage and ports of call and dump you with no return airfare.

I will state there are many reasonable captains and owners but new inexperience crew don't know how to determine / define a situation when they have been unfairly treated or the captain / owner is in breach off his own contract, written or verbal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.