$10 1 1.08%
$15 1 1.08%
$20 1 1.08%
$30 0 0%
$40 or more 21 22.58%
With No tinned fish or meat on the menu 20 21.51%
With No instant noodles or instant soup on the menu 21 22.58%
Do you do the midnight watch when paying crew are on board 0 0%
It is reasonable crew pay for the whole passage in advance and you hold their passports 23 24.73%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree12Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2014

piclarke is on a distinguished road
Re: Warning warning advertising for paying crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd0n View Post
Of course it doesn't. But what it does mean is that you knew what you were getting into. I read the contract myself, and everything that you have been complaining about was laid out quite clearly in it. You read the contract and signed it. Having done so, your incessant whining about it now just comes across as childish.

Seriously. The more you whine about it, the worse you come off looking. You've had your say. At this point, for your own sake, it would be best if you just let it go.

(But, of course, I know you won't.)

You completely wrong

I'm not complaining / Whining but educating the uninformed crew, new sailors and uninformed skippers and boat owners.

Where have I said I signed the contract.

Childish tell that to the NN and all govt officials that are signatories and enforcement agencies.

You are obviously a boat owner and don't want uninformed crew to be aware they are being hood winked, and in a lot off cases the boat owners are in breach off their own contracts knowing full well they [ crew ] can't excercise the civil route because they don't have the funds to do so. Most US boat owners contracts state also that civil proceedings must take place in the US giving the crew member the only option of not complaining but asking the authorities to give a ruling at the offices where the dispute has manifested. The boat owner can't enforce it in a foreghn land either.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by piclarke; 01-16-2014 at 03:39 PM.
Old 01-17-2014

denverd0n is on a distinguished road

Did I call it, or did I call it?
smackdaddy likes this.
Old 01-17-2014

miatapaul is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd0n View Post
Did I call it, or did I call it?
No, you completely wrong

I love how he just says your wrong. No matter what you say. I think this thread really needs to just be closed. All he does is cut and paste the same reply's.

Bottom line is he knew what he was getting into and did not like it after they asked him to do some things that he thought he should not have to do. Sure sounds like whining to me. If this is not whining I don't know what is. Reading the web site you can tell what you are getting yourself into. I will say though if you get a sale price on Carnival Cruse Lines you can get about the same price per day, so he would likely be better off there. My boss just got a balcony room for $600 per person for 10 days! You get to eat all kinds of food, even all you can eat buffets 24 hours a day, they make your bed for you and even come in and make animals out of towels for you in the evening.

But I am sure he will reply that I am completely wrong. Not even sure how you can be completely wrong, after all there has to be some slight level of correctness no?
bljones likes this.
Old 01-17-2014

xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about

You are wrong wrong wrong, just totally wrong
The Following User Says Thank You to xort For This Useful Post:
piclarke (01-17-2014)
Old 01-17-2014

piclarke is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by xort View Post
You are wrong wrong wrong, just totally wrong
Thanks.

No where have I stated that I signed or was even on the boat.

I read the article and thought it would be a good idea for other members inexperienced crew to be wary and avoid such vessel plus similiar vessels.

I know from past experience how captains and boat owners change their minds after you have agreed to certain criteria, voyage and ports of call and dump you with no return airfare.

I will state there are many reasonable captains and owners but new inexperience crew don't know how to determine / define a situation when they have been unfairly treated or the captain / owner is in breach off his own contract, written or verbal.

Old 01-17-2014

bljones has a spectacular aura about bljones has a spectacular aura about

RockDawg, is that you?
miatapaul and Minnesail like this.

Closed Thread