Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2006

bbwklm is on a distinguished road
Bob Wakelam

Cheers Norm,

I am a 50 year old married male interested in gaining offshore experience. I enjoy meeting new people and get along well with others and am willing to learn and participate in all aspects of sailing.
I love sailing and exploring new lands. My future plans are for my wife and me to become liveaboard sailors and to travel from the eastern coast of the U.S. to South America and then perhaps......? I have a U.S. Bareboat sailing certificate,have logged 500 mile chartering in the BVI, US and Spanish Virgin Islands and sail and teach basic sailing at the University of Wisconsins Hoofer sailing club.
My motivations for crewing on sailing vessel are to gain knowledge and the skills necessary to travel and live aboard as well as meeting others who have a commitment to the sailing life style.
I am recently retired and available to crew on reasonably short notice. your consideration of my crewing on delivery is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Bob Wakelam bbwklm@hughes.net
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-22-2006
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown1
Do you think a 47" cat will be big enough for two?
IMHO, you really should have started a new thread for this, as it is completely off topic.

Yes, a 47 foot catamaran should be big enough for two people...unless they are mortal enemies...and then one will push the other overboard and the problem is solved. A 47 inch catamaran is a bit small for anyone, except Stuart Little.

A 47' cat may be a bit too big for two people in fact. The sails and rig on the 47' cat may be more than you will want to handle with just two people. One thing to remember is that if you are sailing with just two people, one or the other person is going to be effectively single-handing about half of the time...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 05-27-2006

LEONWEECH is on a distinguished road
Response to crew wanted

I have ASA101, 103, and 104 and a bit of experience crewing to Bimini, in the Sea of Abaco, and locally in regattas. I live in Fort Pierce. Please email me at leonweech@netzero.net

Thanks Leon
Old 07-30-2006

CapnTom is on a distinguished road
Are you still looking for crew? I taught myself to sail on 12' sailfish and worked up to 24' daysailers in Clearlake, Tx many years ago. I have a 37' O'Day Sloop rig that I live aboard near Port Canaveral but have very hours sailing her. I have had lessons on her and have earned two ASA certifications, Basic Keelboat and Coastal Cruising. Working on the navigation course now in my free time. Have an aviation background (private pilot) so the nav and weather parts are coming together quickly. I'm pretty good with my hands and have a lot of mechanical and electrical knowledge. I will be available to crew after the first of September '06. Hope to hear from you. Fair winds, Tom
Old 07-31-2006

michaelbrandenb is on a distinguished road
I have 15,000 miles of bluewater on my own Beneteau 38. I have singled handed her to the Carb. twice. Last August I captained a Cal40 from Hawaii to L.A. returning from the Transpac race. It told 21 days non stop. I have sold my boat so I'm looking for a ride.
Old 08-02-2006
♥♥♥ Tam

txsailorgirl1974 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to txsailorgirl1974 Send a message via Yahoo to txsailorgirl1974
Hey Norm.... I am 31 yrs old and I have about 5 yrs experience in blue water cruising. I also have my ASA 101-105 including Celestial Navigation (though I would not trust my skill at that). I have done 3 circumnavigations and I love the water. I am a very easy going person. I love to read and I play a great game of chess. Found myself in Corpus Christi and without a boat at the time. Would love to get back out on the water for any amount of time. Just drop me an email and we can chat more about it.... Txsailorgirl1974@aol.com
Tammy
Old 08-02-2006
WAFI

astraeus is on a distinguished road
Wow three circumnavigations by 31. I am 32 and wishing I would have been introduced to sailing earlier.
Old 08-08-2006

Firstmate424 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Firstmate424
Firstmate available

Ahoy Norm--I have experience as a liveaboard for over 3 years travelling from Boston to St. Lucia. Spent most of the time in the Bahamas. Have also delivered several boats from Florida to Bahamas. My strengths are in provisioning, navigation, anchoring and weather. Am looking to get back out to sea with an experienced captain who won't take unnecessary chances. Take instruction well and very helpful on maintenance projects. Located in Jupiter, FL. Can be reached at Fantasia4245@yahoo.com

Last edited by Firstmate424; 08-08-2006 at 01:43 AM.
Old 08-19-2006

LEONWEECH is on a distinguished road
I live in Fort Pierce and can be available for ten day trips, sometimes longer. Contact me and we'll discuss it. leonweech@netzero.net Thanks Leon Weech
Old 08-21-2006

CL1V3 is on a distinguished road
Count me in too...i will email u my CV...pls gimme ur email address...can u also loet me kno wats the salary gonna be like...hourly, daily, weekly, monthly? pls also mention the dollar rate either per hr, day, week or month.

Pls reply soon
Clive