Crew/Captain Wanted - Charleston, SC to Nassau (Paid) - Page 2 - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2013

captcore is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to captcore
Re: Crew/Captain Wanted - Charleston, SC to Nassau (Paid)

I write to you today to express my interest in your trip from South Carolina to the Bahamas. While I don't have a "resume," I have outlined my experience below. I do possess both a 50 ton Master's license, with Sailing and Towing Endorsements, and an Ordinary Seaman (OS) MMD. I have a TWIC card as well.

My father first took me sailing on the Chesapeake Bay, out of Middle River, when I was 6 weeks old; I have been sailing ever since. When I was 8, I began racing on both small boats (dinghies), and Keel Boats. My keel boat racing experience includes a Cal 2-30, C&C 33, Express 35, J/22, J/24, J/29, J/30, J/35, J/42, Melges 24, Merit 25, Navy 44, and a Santa Cruz 70. My dinghy experience includes Lasers, 420s, 470s, JY15s, Thistles, and Optimists. I have done many distance races, including the Round Block Island Race and Vineyard race, both in 2008.

I have been cruising my entire life. My cruising experience includes a Pearson Ariel (similar to a Pearson Triton, only smaller), a Morgan 30, Jeanneau 35, Cal 2-27, Beneteau 35.7, and currently a Bayfield 32. I have sailed offshore many times, including a trip in November 2008 from Annapolis, Maryland to St. Maarten, in the Caribbean. In June 2010, I sailed from Tortola to Providence, RI, via Bermuda, aboard a Caliber 37. I also skippered a Pearson 36 Cutter from Annapolis to Bermuda in November 2011.

I began coaching sailing and racing when I was 13- in 2001. I have been teaching junior sailors every summer since then, teaching everything from 8 year old beginners (kids who have never set foot on a boat) to 16 year olds in advanced racing. I have taught at the Baltimore County Sailing Center for 7 summers (Baltimore County Sailing Center - Home), and in 2008 taught at the Tred Avon Yacht Club, in Oxford, Maryland (tayc.com). I have taught Ideal 18s, Rainbows, 420s, Lasers, Optis, and Hunter Xcites. Last summer I taught sailing aboard Lasers, Opti's, and Rainbows at YMCA Camp Letts in Edgewater, where I continued to teach school groups and private groups canoeing and team building activities through December. I am a Small Boat Level 1 Sailing Instructor through US Sailing, and am also a Maryland Certified EMT and Firefighter.

I wonder if my qualifications meet your requirements. Should you require more information, I can be reached via email (captcore (at) gmail (dot) com).

Thanks in advance.

Corey Mitchell, FF/EMT
USCG Master
50 Ton

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
for all your captain needs.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-19-2013

Cruzan1 is on a distinguished road

I'm available if your still looking. No salary needed, just looking to build sea time.
Old 12-19-2013

sail422 is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I would be interested in helping. I have experience in blue water trips and in teaching. I have a diverse background with not only sailing but electrical, electronic and basic mechanical repairs on diesel motors etc. I agree with the other posters that point out an adequate crew is important, with that said I have helped move medium to large sailing vessels (40-60+ft) over medium to long distances (Miami to New Orleans- Miami to the Panama Canal) with small in-experienced crews (not my first choice but...). If you still need hands and want to talk drop me a note. Good luck and safe voyages!
Old 12-21-2013

Peterxxxx is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Im an experienced sailor pls contact:

+358 40 5517338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galapagos1 View Post
Hello.

I recently purchased a 54' 1983 Dewar. I need help sailing it from Charleston, SC to Nassau in the Bahamas, with me aboard. I am looking for teaching/coaching along the way to understand how to sail it. I am also looking for help and/or guidance with boat maintenance projects.

I am an able bodied 28 year old male. Boat has been worked on a decent amount recently and has no major functional issues and is completely sail worthy to the best of my understanding.

Will pay for all food, flight back from Bahamas and a negotiable salary per day. You are also welcome to take the price of the flight in cash and stay in the Bahamas if you wanted to.

You must be extremely knowledgeable with all respects to sailing: How-to, explaining, maintenance etc. I'm extremely easy to get along with and am looking for someone friendly as well.
Old 12-29-2013

ragzamoto is on a distinguished road

Hi , I am currently in Mexico returning in Feb . 100 ton masters lic have delivered many many boats and taught a lot of folks how to sail Blue water! That said i am looking for something to do in Feb / March if you have not found some one .
Old 01-08-2014

francesco87 is on a distinguished road

Hi dear friend
my name is francesco
I'm from italy and I'm just getting back into sailing. I'm 26 years old, and I am very much ready for a new adventure in my life.am very easygoing, but ambitious. I would love to get some volunteer sailing work around the world.
i sail a few time in my life but i want to start learnig everything about the sail.
I would be willing to come by plane and work with you for the duration of the trip, without salary,
we can write a private message?

if you are interested i can send my CV at your mail.
if you are not interested is not important, nice to meet you,
have nice day
best regards
Old 02-03-2014

morgan@whalecreekmarina is on a distinguished road

Hello
Just checking to see if you found crew yet. 34 yo man with decent experience4 and great attitude. worked down in the bahama as a youth and have been working on or around boats since then.
Shoot me a line and I can send you my detailed info
thanks
morgan
Old 02-25-2014

captcore is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to captcore

I'm really interested in this trip, if you haven't done it yet. What time frame are you looking at?

While I don't have a "resume," I have outlined my experience below. I do possess both a 50 ton Inland Master's license, with Sailing and Towing Endorsements, and an Ordinary Seaman (OS) MMD. I have a TWIC card as well.

My father first took me sailing on the Chesapeake Bay, out of Middle River, when I was 6 months old; I have been sailing ever since. When I was 8, I began racing on both small boats (dinghies), and Keel Boats. My keel boat racing experience includes a Cal 2-30, C&C 33, Express 35, J/22, J/24, J/29, J/30, J/35, J/42, Melges 24, Merit 25, Navy 44, and a Santa Cruz 70. My dinghy experience includes Lasers, 420s, 470s, JY15s, Thistles, and Optimists. I have done many distance races, including the Round Block Island Race and Vineyard race, both in 2008.

I have been cruising my entire life. My cruising experience includes a Pearson Ariel (similar to a Pearson Triton, only smaller), a Morgan 30, Jeanneau 35, Cal 2-27, Beneteau 35.7, and currently a Bayfield 32. I have sailed offshore many times, including a trip in November 2008 from Annapolis, Maryland to St. Maarten, in the Caribbean. In June 2010, I sailed from Tortola to Providence, RI, via Bermuda, aboard a Caliber 37. I also skippered a Pearson 36 Cutter from Annapolis to Bermuda in November 2011.

I began coaching sailing and racing when I was 13- in 2001. I have been teaching junior sailors every summer since then, teaching everything from 8 year old beginners (kids who have never set foot on a boat) to 16 year olds in advanced racing. I have taught at the Baltimore County Sailing Center for 7 summers (Baltimore County Sailing Center - Home), and in 2008 taught at the Tred Avon Yacht Club, in Oxford, Maryland (tayc.com). I have taught Ideal 18s, Rainbows, 420s, Lasers, Optis, and Hunter Xcites. Last summer I taught sailing aboard Lasers, Opti's, and Rainbows at YMCA Camp Letts in Edgewater, where I continued to teach school groups and private groups canoeing and team building activities through December. I am a Small Boat Level 1 Sailing Instructor through US Sailing, and am also a Maryland Certified EMT and Firefighter.

I wonder if my qualifications meet your requirements. Should you require more information, I can be reached via email at captcore(at)gmail(dot)com or via cell phone at 443-326-6161.

Thanks in advance.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
for all your captain needs.
Old 03-19-2014

captain44 is on a distinguished road

The Op did the same thing on another online forum---and then he said the boat was in the Bahamas...and he never replied to me or to anyone else online as far as I could tell..
Old 03-23-2014

maynardblack is on a distinguished road

Still looking? I'm interested!