Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2006

calanoue is on a distinguished road
Crew Available: New England to Bermuda

Looking to gain more experience in offshore sailing. I am a 24 year old athletic and personable male with sailing experience off the south coast of Massachusetts and in the Eastern Mediterranean. I have been racing and crusing in Massachusetts on a 26'' Pearson for many years. Also, this past summer I was a First Mate on a 46'' Alden during the Eastern Mediterranean Yacht Rally for two months. I am looking to crew for someone who needs help sailing down to the Caribbean or Bermuda in the late Spring or early Summer. I have experience in the galley as well as sailing in the late evening. Will pay expenses just for the adventure and experience.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-07-2006

Never_Betta is on a distinguished road
Crew Available: New England to Bermuda

Dear Calanoue,

I am looking for a crew to sail north this May from Key West to the tip of LI by way of Bermuda. We have a 54'' Irwin. My wife insist on having 3 able bodies mates including myself to take turns at the helm.

You could join us from Bermuda to LI or KW to Bermuda or come along for the whole trip.

Regards

Dennis
Old 02-13-2006

calanoue is on a distinguished road
Hi Dennis,
I would prefer from Bermuda to LI. About how much time are you expecting the trip to take? Also, do you happen to have any pictures of your boat that you could send to me at calanoue@gmail.com.
Thanks
Old 02-13-2006

Never_Betta is on a distinguished road
travel time

The Key West to Bermuda run is just over 1200 miles. I think six to eight days. We'd ride the GS as far north as the weather and current permit then hang a right to Bermuda. Lay up for a 4-5 days and weather permitting make the run to LI. That leg is 600 miles and should take 4-5 days.

Rgds,

Dennis
Old 03-06-2006

Ollie is on a distinguished road
Hi Dennis:

I'm a capable Great Lakes sailor (several overnight and longer races under my belt).

A Bermuda run has been on my wish-list for 15 years, though kids and business have edged this out till now. I'd been looking at ASA offshore courses then ran across your message. I'd have particular interest in the Bermuda to LI leg.....

Regards,

Wayne
Toronto
www.whaarch.com
Old 03-08-2006

yachttrustme is on a distinguished road
Calanoue,
Just read your posting. I'm looking for another sailor to join two friends and me on a return trip from Bermuda to RI. My wife, kids and I sail to Bermuda annually on our Moody 47', but this year she has decided to fly back with the kids due to a tight schedule at home. I plan on departing Bermuda on July 7th.
Our boat is equipped for long distance sailing and I have sailed her on many long passages, inculding transatlantic. We're also based in MA. Let me know if you're interested.
Regards, Jeff
Old 03-11-2006

wfleonard is on a distinguished road
Calanoue
If you are looking for an able bodied seaman I can help you from KW to Bermuda. I see you have alot of interested folks for the second leg. I am a USCG captain (six pack), own my own 33 sloop which is rigged for single handed sailing, have sailed from Tortola to Cape Lookout, NC, Norfolk to Cape Fear on the outside, the French Meditteranean, and a few other incidentals in the Atlantic, ie Bimini. Not afraid of storms, squalls, big seas but scared to death of no winds. I am 47 and play alot of Jimmy Buffett on the guitar ... so its either you throw me over or enjoy the free music. When are we leaving?
Capt Bill
Old 03-11-2006

wfleonard is on a distinguished road
missed the original thread

Dear Dennis

Sorry for the misinterpretation of folks. I was caught off guard by a few other parts of the thread. But my offer stands. When do we sail?

Capt Bill
Old 03-12-2006

miyagi is on a distinguished road
Key west to bermuda

Dennis

I'd be interested in the Key West Bermuda leg and depending on timing possibly all the way.

41 male sailing small boats since I was 5, coastal sail my own Aloha 27 for a few years, crewed on a couple overnighters on bigger boats, several ocean survival courses as part of work, first aid/CPR, very fit/healthy and have a lot of experience working as a member of a team in confined areas under high stress for extended periods. Did my CYA (ASA) Intermediate skipper cert last spring to make sure I'm on the right track didn't have any surprises. Can also cook. Who knows this might work for both of us.

rick_turnbull@hotmail.com

Rick