Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2006

Volkhard is on a distinguished road
S.W.FL : looking for sailing companion

Looking for someone (perhaps female? non-smoker, please), who wants to go sailing with me once in a while on my 30ft Hunter for a day or a weekend at a time. I am a 49y old single male with some coastal experience and want to use my boat more often, perhaps even with someone who knows more than me and can show me some new tricks. So far I am ASA certified up to 104 and 114. Perhaps later this year a cruise to the Keys? No intentions besides sailing and having a good time with someone who likes to be on the water as well.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-16-2006

Tequiza Terri is on a distinguished road
Interested

I am in Orlando. I have a 1976 28ft Morgan OI. I bought her in Annapolis and sailed (motored) her down the ICW...what an adventure! It changed my life and I am resolved to setting sail in the next 6 years when my kids leave for college. Presently, Stitches is lying in Sanford on the St. Johns River. I am completely refitting her which is truely a labor of love. I probably won't get her up to Jax back on the ICW until Jan 2007 Until then I am itching to do some real sailing. I am a teacher and I have the whole summer free beginning June 1. I will be honest, my sailing experience is limited to the ICW north of JAX ... but I have logged over 900 miles! I am a true adventurer at heart and I would love to have a sailing buddy!
Terri
Old 03-21-2006

Volkhard is on a distinguished road
Hi Terri

Thanks for the reply. I took the liberty and looked at other posts from you her on the SailNet. It seems we are sharing (together with many others) the same dream. My plan is to retire within the next 5 years, have a nice bluewater boat (Cat?) by than and take on the oceans to go around at least once. I am spending much of my spare time on "cool change" and read a lot to further educate myself. So far I am ASA 101/103/104/114 certified and looking into 105 and than the passage making course perhaps together with celest. nav.
Until than, the Gulf of Mexico is my area... Please feel invited for a sail out of Bradenton if you like ... and good luck to your refit of your boat.

Volkhard

P.S. my cell# 941-661-5686