Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2006

shiver me timbers is on a distinguished road
Post sailing experience needed

My friend Troy and I are both very new to the sailing world and are very desperate for sailing experience. We will both be in New England this summer and would love to help out on any sailing adventure you may be going on. We are both in our 20's, hard working, smart and very easy to get along with.

thank you for anything
Josh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 03-06-2006

sailnaway is on a distinguished road
Corrections have beem made to this post
IF you guys want to sail? I will be heading for Texas Port Isabella ,Port Lavaca or Rock Port from Marathon Florida with a stop in Ft Myers on the west coast of Florida on the way. You could come aboard in ether place I have family in Ft Myers I have to see for a couple of days and take on stores for the trip. I would want to know a little about you and your background. New England is a long way off from here however. Oh and in the summer it is hurricane season so most people don't head off to the islands during that time. I pay NOTHING you pay your own way you get to sail all you want. If your looking for a high dollar all electronic buff and polish deal this aint it lads. Arrrrrrrrr! But she's fast and able no slouch I'll kick hell outa allot of newer yachts.This is a hard trip real tough since all the marinas on the gulf coast were destroyed by Katrina. The trip from Pensecola Florida to west Louisiana is 300 miles with no place to get fuel or water. The trip is almost a thousand miles. And like I said no moving map GPS just charts and a hand held GPS for position. If the weather turns bad you don't grab a nice dry rack you sail your watch. You catch the Plane home or bus I don't provide a return ticket. I will show you how to sail on a budget tell you all the stories you want and do my part "supply a fair boat to make the trip in. The date of this trip is not exact late June to July 4th is my best guess. The trip could take from two weeks to a month. I don't sail in real bad weather if I can lay up a couple of days. I watch allot of scifi flicks love alien's and all that excape from reality stuff. I have a drink sometimes and don't smoke if you do cool just do it on deck. you can contact me through krugerrand38@yahoo.com.
About me I am 55 have been a sailor since I was 12 years old. I grew up in Ft Lauderdale and worked as a boat builder and commercial diver/treasure hunter most of my life,love the sea she is my home. Married kids grand kids more on my plate than I want and I am not well off money wise just a regular guy not a rich yuppie with a boat. I don't like where the world is heading but who does. I have to make this trip or I would be stuck here for the next five years. This is a move so I make some money "land sale" and can do a very long trip through the Panama canal in a year or so. Then to Costa Rica up the coast and into the Sea of Cortez.
About the boat Krugerrand is a Sparkman Stephens Catalina 38 IOR yacht.
she has raced in allot of events over the years the Congressional Cup Queens Cup at least 14 times. The Hook and the Mack And the Sombrero Regatta which she won last year with the old ragged sails she wears. She has been kept fair and onlt has a few scars not a bag of crap boat just older.

Last edited by sailnaway; 03-09-2006 at 05:21 PM.
Old 03-07-2006

Showme is on a distinguished road
Very interested in your offer of sail time....could you please provide approx. date of departure/arrival...I am a novice, willing to learn and put in my fair share of the work...I would be able to join you in Ft. Myers and sail to final destination...I am 37swm..hard working, easy to get along with...and have completed a navagation class and plan on completing an ASA basic keel boat class prior to departure...My name is John and you can contact me @ 512-914-3060...Look forward to hearing from you..
Old 03-09-2006

shiver me timbers is on a distinguished road
My friend and I are very intetrested if you havent already filled the position. I would like to know a few things, like when were you plaing on departing? And is it a one way trip to Port Isabella? Any questions you might have about my partner or I can be answered by calling me Josh at 530-545-2607. Oh and dont think that hard work and heavy weather are going to scare us away.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.