Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2006

GlobalYachtRacing is on a distinguished road
Crew wanted for race around Britain and Ireland

Global Yacht Racing (www.globalyachtracing.com) are looking for adventurous individuals who want to race in the Sevenstar Round Britain and Ireland Race 2006. Global Yacht Racing is already training an all girls crew who are taking part on behalf of the charity Sail 4 Cancer (www.sail4cancer.org) and who have comitted to raise £100,000 for the charity. There is now the opportunity for a mixed crew to take part with Global Yacht Racing on a race winning corby 45. Global Yacht Racing is a UK based company that creates teams of non-professional racers to take part in worldwide regattas and ocean races. If you have what it takes to race non-stop for around three weeks braving all conditions around the British Isles then contact claire.kennard@globalyachtracing.com or phone +448456341452
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-10-2006

Agent Nina is on a distinguished road
when, how much, where exactly..?
Old 03-10-2006

Jellybeanhamster is on a distinguished road
Hi Claire, when is this race taking place?? and how much experience is needed??
Old 03-10-2006

Jellybeanhamster is on a distinguished road
Talking Race around ireland and england

Hi Claire
Im really interested this race but would just need to get some info on when training would start and where etc? I have some sailing experience, but I am willing to do further training. I am a quick learner and a hard worker! I would be delighted if you could get back to me with any further details. I can be contacted on the following e-mail addresses: genmolloy@hotmail.com or jellybeanhamster.com and if u want to see more about me, you can check out genmolloy.bebo.com
Kind regards
Genevieve
Old 03-10-2006

Sasha_V will become famous soon enough
None of you actually visited the website, did you?

All the details are on there. It is NOT CHEAP by any stretch of the imagination...but it is not completely unreasonable either...they are after all a profit making company and they need to do a lot of behind the scenes stuff to make it all happen (like deliver the boats to races all over the world).

I was downright stunned by their price for sailing the Sydney to Hobart in a volvo60...but the prices for around Britain are better.

Sasha
Old 03-15-2006

GlobalYachtRacing is on a distinguished road
thanks for your interest guys!

Hi all,

Thank you all for your interest in the campaign. Sasha's right the website has got all the info you need, but if you want any more specific info please feel free to contact me direct on claire.kennard@globalyachtracing.com

Sailing is never cheap (unless you find a willing and rich yacht owner to induldge you!) but what we offer are race packages which are designed to develop your skills and give you some great coaching and training as well as just taking part in the race. You also get the ISAF safety and sea survival course as part of the training which is a useful and necessary qualification in its own right. The Hobart is of course the big one that costs the big bucks but the yacht really soaks up money! Lets face it, racing to Hobart on a V60 is an experience which normally non-professional sailors can never otherwise experience.

If you are struggling to come up with the money for the crew berth, then you can go down the charity challenge route. We work closely with Sail 4 Cancer which is a very worthwhile charity. By fundraising for the charity you can subsidise your crew berth and make a contribution that will change the lives of people living with the everyday reality of cancer. It's a big commitment to take on the fundraising but if you are up for it check out www.sail4cancer.org They are active in UK and Australia but aim to be the charity of choice for sailors everywhere.

Best regards

Claire