Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2001

RobertMonaco is on a distinguished road
Young couple seeking blue water experience

I am a twenty nine year old with a degree in biological sciences looking for bluewater experience with my 31 year old girlfriend. I have been coastal sailing since I was 12 and both of us are eager to learn We are preparing for our own circumnavigation. I am an experienced highschool teacher and would offer up tutoring services to cruising families in exchange for crewing experience. We are both physically fit, responsable, friendly, and ready to set sail.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-31-2001

jack_patricia is on a distinguished road
Young couple seeking blue water experience

Robert:

I''d suggest you target your efforts where crew lists & crew finder services are more centralized. Knowing your location would help give more specific suggestions. E.g. if you were on/near the West Coast, I''d suggest you use Latitude 38 (great mag, free monthly at WM if you get there in time). They coordinate cruising crew-finder efforts occasionally (e.g. their Baja Ha-Ha cruise each Fall), as well as for other purposes. They also have extensive classifieds that include this category. You can learn more about them at www.latitude38.com.

If you are on the East Coast, perhaps using Spinsheet would serve this purpose. If on the Gulf or Southeast coasts, you might use Southwinds. Both these free magazines are not up to L38''s standard but would meet your need, and they all have a web presence.

Can''t say these BB''s won''t work so, if you haven''t already, you might post a similar message at ssca.org and CW''s message board.

Jack
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook