Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2006

Julian on Cruise is on a distinguished road
Crew wanted US to Europe/Germany

Hello,

We are looking for some experienced crew members to sail a vessel from the US to Europe end of the summer. Trip starts around NY and ends in Germany/Hamburg. It is a slower cruising vessel, a Ta Chiao CT41 ketch from 1972. So this will not be a racing trip, it is for fun.

We can not pay any money, but provide the food.

Germany language skills would be great.

Best,
Julian
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-10-2006

shiver me timbers is on a distinguished road
I know you said you were looking for experienced crew members--my experience is very limited, but I am extremely enthusiastic about sailing and I am willing to work for free in exchange for experience gained. This summer I will be sailing from FL to TX with an experienced captain who is going to teach me all he knows. I am a cinematographer and if documenting your trip was on your mind I would be a great asset.

you can e-mail me at breakdown_27@hotmail.com

Josh
Old 04-16-2006

dhaus111 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to dhaus111
Innnteresting..

I too am very interested in this. I'm an up and coming sailor looking for experience sailing. And I've wanted to go to Germany for a while now. Ich spreche ein wenig deutsch. enough to get around I'd like to think. I just completed the ASA 101-104. I've sailed in a few Regattas, gone out whenever I can on friends' boats for the past year in Puerto Rico. The years before learning to sail in FL. I took a 3 week trip to the Bahamas aboard a power boat in 04. I'd like to think I'm not a complete retard and could help you out with the pleasure being all mine.

My email address is dhaus111@gmail.com

Dustin
Old 04-24-2006

micetic is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to micetic Send a message via Yahoo to micetic
Return Trip?

Hello,

My name is Matthew, and I am a beginning sailor that has been working at the U.S. Consulate here in Germany. I speak excellent German as well as bits of Spanish and Croatian. Are you looking for any crew for a return passage to the states?

Thanks,
Matthew
Old 05-14-2006

bgillenwater is on a distinguished road
Hello, My name is Brad and I have quite a bit of experience on smaller sailboats. I recently spent last winter sailing the coast of Florida on my Cal 27. I just returned in January from the Professional Maritime Institute where I received my 100 ton Master/Mate certificate. I also received my sailing and towing endorsements while there. I am currently waiting for the US Coast guard to confirm my application for my 100 ton Captains license. I would be interested in making the crossing with you depending on your departure date. I work full time from April 1 to October 31st each year for a marina. I am looking for experience and fun and am not seeking compesation for my services.

Bradley J Gillenwater
bgillenwater@fourwindsresort.com
Old 05-21-2006

iaravena is on a distinguished road
Boating!!

I am very interested in this sailing trip. though me and my friend have little experience with sailing (I sailed once a week all last summer on a 40' sailboat) we can cook well, are strong, and have a passion for learning more about sailing. we make great company, and love to have a great time.
Also, we have good language skills, and would be able to learn German fast.

please contact me at iaravena@wesleyan.edu
Old 05-25-2006

dutched is on a distinguished road
Julian,

I am interested in the trip. I am a 25-year-old female, American by birth and currently living in Amsterdam. I will be in NY this summer and would like to return home to the Netherlands by crewing. I speak Dutch, English and Spanish, but no German. I would make good company regardless! Please contact me at westerparkje@gmail.com if you remain in search of crew. Thanks.
Old 05-28-2006

dplynch33 is on a distinguished road
I am very interested in helping crew your vessel. I have summered on an islans in Maine for the first 23 years of my life and have taken sailing lessons in the past, however, I am looking forward to the hard work and challenge of my first cross atlantic trip. I am 22 years old, enthusiastic, hard working, and have a great sense of humor. I have traveled extensively throughout the world and have always been able to meet and get along great with new people. If you are interested please contact me at dlynch3@loyola.edu
Old 03-15-2011

kelsylessing is on a distinguished road
Hey Julian!!

Hey Julian,

I'm looking for exactly what you're offering, a boat to crew on in late summer 2011 from the US to Europe in general. A little about myself, I'm 21 and just got out of the Navy where I was a Boatswains Mate so I have a fair amount of blue water experience under my belt. I studied German in high school and can hold my own in most conversations. I would really like to crew on your boat if you have a spot available I'm a hard worker and wont let you down, let me know!

Best Regards,

Kelsy Lessing
Old 03-15-2011

kelsylessing is on a distinguished road
Hey Julian!!

Oh yeah, my email would be helpful.

Cheers,

Kelsy