SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

single mermaid seeks merman

5K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  JackQ 
#1 ·
mermaid of unconventional nature seeks partner to share the sailing life. i''m 47 years young, red hair with hazle green eyes 5''10 185. i''m an adventurous noble loving soul. energetic, creative, honest and sincere. i have been living aboard my 30'' catalina for the last 2 years and sailing the upper gulf coast for the last 10 years and long to see as much of the world as our short time here in this wonderful world will allow. life is an adventure to be shared. tie up here at my dock for awhile and meet the mermaid of galveston bay

#3 ·
Q. When will you be in Key West????

I''m single (divorced), 42, and I''ve sailed since I was 9. I don''t liveaboard; I have a 1966 Columbia 24 Contender & that''s all the boat I need right now. I sail the Chesapeake & the Jersey shore, but I''m considering relocating to South Florida - or the Texas Gulf coast. It really depends upon the Tech employment scene. I want to live in warm weather in a maritime environment.

About me, my name''s Bill, I''m 6''0" 170 lbs, brown hair (OK OK salt & pepper) & hazel eyes.

While nothings happening just yet, maybe you''ll want to keep me in mind & who knows, we could get together for a drink in a couple of months & talk about sailing, living aboard, & destinations.

- Bill

#4 ·
hi,
anywhere south of texas. belize is beautiful mind you only seen the pictures but just the kind of place i''m looking for. to find out more about me check ou the july issue of sailing magazine. they wrote an article about my search. ps. i don''t have the dog anymore was just the most recent photo i had. hope you''ll write me at bellaluna86@hotmail.com
mermaid

#5 ·
Hi Mermaid:

I saw your ad on Sailnet and thought you might be interested in a crewing opportunity. My name is Rob and I am the owner of s/v Lone Eagle, a 36’ Pacific SeaCraft Mariah based at the Washington Sailing Marina in DC. She is a double-ender (canoe stern, cutter rig) blue water cruiser. I am preparing for a long cruise and am looking for crew to help me to tune-up, and make the voyage. I will be sailing the Potomac and the Chesapeake this summer and early fall. Then in October I will be taking her South to New Bern, North Carolina – a seven-day cruise. In January I will spend one month fitting her out in New Bern at a friend’s place and will leave mid-February for Florida. I then plan to spend three months cruising Florida (the Abaco’s and Eleuthra) in the Bahamas and then plan to set-off for Panama the first of May. After Panama the destination is Sydney, Australia via the Galapagos Islands, the Marquesas, Tahiti, Fiji, and then Sydney.
I am interested in crew for the entire voyage, but understand that this could involve a number of months. I will certainly consider someone interested in one or more segments, but would prefer someone who could make the entire voyage.

I am 45, divorced, and will be traveling to Australia to be with my family. I have been sailing for many years with voyages up and down the East Coast and throughout the Caribbean. Lone Eagle was designed for blue water cruising. She is beautifully designed for self-sufficient cruising weighing-in at 8 tons with all bronze fittings. She has a teardrop shaped cockpit, is all teak below decks, is equipped with a full galley, and sleeps four in two separate staterooms.

I am looking for someone to join my on one or more legs of the voyage who can (or I can teach) to trim a sheet, stand a watch, share a sunset, and adapt to the rigors and rewards of this kind of voyage. All cruising expenses, including return airfare from Sydney will be paid by me save for your personal expenses while in port.

Please drop me a note at robsail56@hotmail.com, or give me a call at (mobile) 202-494-0615, or home at 703-979-9351 if you or someone you know might be interested.

Thanks for your interest,

Rob

#6 ·
Sounds interesting. Heres my situation. Going to retire from GM march1 2002. I have limited sailing experience but want to learn. Im a male 50 6''2" 210lbs.no drugs. drink and smoke but those can be left on shore.Can go anywhere anytime no ties.Interested romanticaly but not manditory am willing to share expences and the chores. Sounds like we could have a good time. Ill be in Florida jan 30.<feb 5 to have a look around. Any chance I could meet you? Please reply

#8 ·
Im 40 years old,divorced,teacher on electric from apprenticeship center of Turkey.I have a lot documents:amateur seaman licence+seaman book+special passport to 2003.
I helped on the board and also cooking at galley of Transom Stern to my brother at southern Turkey(Antalya to Bodrum).I fall in love with the SEA and SAILING.But I need experience.No problem on time and distance to sail with any boss/you.
Best winds...

#7 ·
Im 40 years old,divorced,teacher on electric from apprenticeship center of Turkey.I have a lot documents:amateur seaman licence+seaman book+special passport to 2003.
I helped on the board and also cooking at galley of Transom Stern to my brother at southern Turkey(Antalya to Bodrum).I fall in love with the SEA and SAILING.But I need experience.No problem on time and distance to sail with any boss/you.
Best winds...

#9 ·
Best winds...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.