Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2014

waterlog is on a distinguished road
crew wanted - pay negotiable

Hello. I have been preparing a cruise to south america from Vancouver for over a year and have a little bit experience but need someone with a lot more experience than I. Also someone with some experience. I have a beautiful offshore boat with all the fixings. 1981 bayfield 32c with a 3 foot bow spread so technically 35, cutter design.

I have been wanting to do this for some time and been preparing. I will pay for services. Pay is negotiable. thank you.

I wanted to leave with the Vic Maui race but we will have to leave a little later like a week before august is the latest.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-29-2014

CaptainWabamun is on a distinguished road
Re: crew wanted - pay negotiable

Hi Waterlog,

One thought to build some more experience, access savy crew and cover a good stretch of that water with some other boats is to consider the Coho Ho Ho and the Baja Ha Ha boat rally's. Coming down from the PNW with the Co Ho Ho gives some additional security by travelling with other boats. I sailed in the Baja last year and there were a number of PNW/Canadian boats that sailed down to join the Baja. Both rally's have web pages you can scan and the Coho begins in August heading south.

I intend to be on a boat in the Baja again this year - keep us posted if you join the Baja. Have a friend on a boat on the Vic-Maui - item on my bucket list.

Have done Gulf Islands number of times out of both Vancouver and Sydney.

Cheers and good luck with locating good crew.
Old 06-30-2014

Venture Beyond is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Are you still looking for experienced crew to assist with the sailing voyage down to South America? I'm a 22 year old lifelong sailor from Washington State with over 20,000 miles of experience offshore. I've sailed in the Pacific Northwest, Alaska, Hawaii, California, Caribbean, Panama Canal, East Coast US/Canada, Greenland, etc. Five Pacific crossings between the mainland and Hawaii.

I've got my 50 ton Masters License and spend a good bit of time doing yacht deliveries. I'm currently looking for a skippering or crewing position, and saw your post on sailnet. Please let me know if you are still looking for crew and we can discuss this voyage further. You can reach me by email at southernocean at juno . com.

Fair Winds,

Ryan
The Following User Says Thank You to Venture Beyond For This Useful Post:
waterlog (07-08-2014)
Old 06-30-2014

netbeto is on a distinguished road

hello, I am Brazilian and I am looking for good trip and would be grateful for an opportunity with you, my skype is betoitacare, I'm waiting for a contact, thanks
Old 07-01-2014

Blitz is on a distinguished road

In regards to your posting for a crew to go from Vancouver to South America,
I would be interested in this trip.
I have about 8,200nm offshore sailing and about 121 days offshore experience.
My most recent trip was a delivery of a 50' Tayana from La Paz, Mexico to Brunswick,GA In April-June of 2014.
I have not sailed on the Pacific South American coast but I have traveled to Ecuador (mainland) and Peru etc.
The owners of the boat I just crewed on have asked me to come back and take the boat up to New York City (its final destination) for the month of July, but I would be available at the time you are talking about. And I can arrange with them a time of my leaving so as to be available when you wanted me there.
As far as compensation goes... airfare to/from the boat, food and $75 a week would be ideal but I am flexible.
If you are interested in me you can email directly (available from my profile)
It sounds like an amazing trip through a great region(s) of the world an i would love to help you make it happen.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blitz For This Useful Post:
waterlog (07-08-2014)
Old 07-08-2014

waterlog is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the replys. I am need of 1 qualified person still that has offshore experience so plz give me a call at 6 0 4 2 2 6 0 9 6 8

Willing to fly you in and out. The window is closing for a safe trip.