Atlantic crossing, looking for crew - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 07-31-2014 Thread Starter

Atlantic crossing, looking for crew

Hi everyone!
We are a Swedish couple looking for crew to join From Spain or Canary Islands to West Indies. You are welcome if you have the right attitude and we get along, experience is secondary! Shared costs, contact me and we can discuss details. olle.lj@ gmail.com

We start from Spain, La Linea (just by the border of Gibraltar) in November. No exact date set yet.
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-31-2014
Mermaid Hunter

Re: Atlantic crossing, looking for crew

Best of luck to you!

In 2006 I sailed from Ellös Sweden to Annapolis MD with crew I met on a sailing forum. It was fundamentally a great trip and I'm glad I had crew. I did learn some things I use to this day in selecting crew for deliveries. If you are interested I will be happy to share my lessons learned with you.

sail fast and eat well, dave
S/V Auspicious
AuspiciousWorks.com
beware "cut and paste" sailors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-01-2014 Thread Starter

Hi! What advice would that be?

Are you sailing at the moment? did you also sail back via azores?

Glada hälsningar!
Olle & Ina
post #4 of 4 Old 10-08-2014

Ahoy Captain,

My name is Chris and I am 29 year old and have spent the majority of my life between West Africa and the United States. I am a hard worker, and eager to learn all things sailing. My personality is very laid back with a sense of humor and I am a friendly individual who gets along with everyone! I absolutely love the beauty of our world, and the ocean particularly. I am excited by the challenge of sailing, the ability to harness the wind for motion and the ingenuity that an adventure at sea must demand.

I have no sailing experience, but have spent much of my adult life dreaming of building my own vessel someday and sailing the Oceans. They say that "tomorrow never comes" so with resolve I have decided that it is time to make my dream a reality. I began searching forums for opportunities where I could learn the trade as a volunteer, and I wonder if you might could use a crew-hand on your trip for across the Atlantic?

Cheers,
Chris

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.