Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Scappoose, Oregon
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Re: Crew available on the West Coast area
This is a call for crew *NEXT* year.
I will be making the "Up Hill" run from San Francisco, California to Portland, Oregon starting in April or May depending on Spring weather. The vessel is a Tayana 55 (LOA). She is a proven deep blue boat under previous owner. She is rigged for single handing but I would prefer to have a crew for both safety and social reasons.
2. No recreational drug users
3. Able and willing to stand a full 8 hour watch. Willing to share evening and night watches on rotation so nobody has to be stuck with the "bad" watch all the time.
4. Willing to do galley duty - both prepare meal AND clean up.
5. Must be neat and orderly in both person and boat handling.
6. Must be willing to share a cabin with same-sex person.
==> No experience necessary but helpful <==
For limited experience must be willing to come to SF bay early and spend time cruising the bay to gain experience with both sailing, the boat, and the captain.
==> Okay to not make full slog North <==
There will be port calls along the way and you can make 1 leg or all as your time and inclination allow. Preference will be given to those who are willing to make multiple legs.
Please e-mail inis10 at yahoo dot com with questions.