Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2006
Old Salt

IanP is on a distinguished road
Tampa, Florida area - gentleman crew seeks occasional float

Good day all...

I'm an expat Brit, 55 years old, still reasonably fit, own teeth and so on..
I hold an Offshore Yachtmaster ticket from the UK's Royal Yachting Association, with commercial endorsement (though the commercial bit may have run out by now...), but I left all my sailing connections - and boat - back in the UK when I moved here, and it's just been too long since I got wet..

I can turn my hand to most things aboard, can probably still remember how to tie a knot, navigate, rig, hold a course and cook.. I've skippered and I've crewed, so not afraid to do either. I've sailed up to 60 foot sloops, as skipper and crew, around the UK and Northern Europe, with a moderate amount of heavy-weather time in there... Never lost a boat or a crewman, yet...

By background, I'm an engineer with a leaning toward computers, so maritime technology doesn't bother me either.... although I'm old-fashioned enough to believe that it will never replace a stub of pencil and a paper chart!

Fairly laid-back personality, easy enough to get on with on small boats.. slightly quirky sense of humour, but I keep it under control most of the time.
Don't smoke, rarely drink. bathe regularly - at least once a month, whether I need it or not!

I'd be very interested in meeting up with anyone needing an occasional extra pair of hands for casual sailing... I'm a little S of Tampa Bay - Bradenton, in fact.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook