SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Sailing ASAP from Port Angeles to SF - expenses paid

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  gamayun 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
UPDATE: Position has been filled. Thanks.

I know this is extreme short notice, but I had a crewmemeber bail on me last minute, and I don't want to miss the window we currently have!

Background:
I bought a boat and need to get her home - where she will be a liveaboard home for myself, girlfriend, and dog in San Francisco. She has been extensively surveyed and all safety issues fully addressed over the last months. Leaving ASAP to catch Pac coast weather window.

The boat & Passage:
The boat is a beautiful and sound 45' Spencer 1330 Bluewater Cruiser. Intended route is a straight shot staying 20-100 miles offshore. Should take 5-7 days depending on weather. She will be under command of a professional delivery skipper (male, 50s) with the owner (male, 30s) crewing. Seeking extra unpaid crew. I can send photos and an article on the boat model via email.

Expectations of crew
I'll pay travel. Crew should have sailing experience (offshore preferred), be friendly, respectful, positive, and motivated. Non-smokers preferred. Duties (cooking, nightwatch, etc.) will be split evenly for all. Great opportunity for those seeking additional offshore exp.

Contact Info
philippe.marguet (at) gmail.com

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.