Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2001

DALVES is on a distinguished road
Crew needed, fall New England to caribbean

Hi,

I''m planning a trip this fall, Oct. to early Nov. from Newport to Bermuda, then Antigua, then Grenada. A May return passage is also possible for the right person/people. The boat is a 40'' sloop with all of the necessary safety and comfort necessities. She has three seperate sleeping cabins so you will have your own space. If interested please get in touch, please include sailing experience.

Regards
Dave
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-17-2001

Dave2001 is on a distinguished road

DALVES,

Please contact me in regards to this opportunity. I live in Chicago, but I am from MA South Shore. 773-528-1173. I don''t work and am available anytime.

Dave
Old 07-17-2001

WilliamII is on a distinguished road

Hello Dave,
I am an x-marine, a capable crew member of push boats on the MS river, Crab boats in Bering Sea, fishing boats, sport boats. Have profound love of the ocean and getaways to whereever. Willing to help with expenses to exotic places. Have no time limitations. Skills: all around Deck Hand, Carpentry, plumbing, electrical, building contractor, artist, poet, philospher. Am not familiar with sailing boats, but have a keen aptitude. I am a 6''O", 200lb, physically capable heterosexual male. I am very interested in discussing with you the details of your trip and my qualifications. Please contact me as I am very interested.
Will Calder
Old 07-18-2001

The_kid is on a distinguished road

Hi im an 18 year old male that is looking to trave around the world I have worked on many yachts around the 100 foot mark and bigger the latest boat i have worked on is the Bravodo from London as a secondmate Im very intrested in this job. Thanx for your time my number is area code 250 287-7672 and my cell phone number is area code 259 205-0200
Old 07-20-2001

sail1dzn is on a distinguished road

I am interested in crewing on your passage. I am 30 yrs old, and although I learned to sail at 7 yrs old, I can realistically lay claim to 8 yrs of sailing experience. I have primarily sailed on Lake Michigan as a member of a very competitive sailing yacht club. Our racing program included several distance races each season, most dawn to dusk. In addition to this I have also cruised the lake on boats up to 35'', most often 2-handed, including an overnight crossing which we navigated DR without the use of a Loran or GPS.

Professionally, I am an engineer, with 8 yrs experience in manufacturing and process engineering. I have kept the majority of my professional career in project engineering, which has given me a broad base of experience in electrical systems, plumbing, carpentry, metalworking, etc. I do not claim to be an electrician, carpenter, or welder, however if it needs to get done, I''m not afraid to go to it, and have the aptitude to learn quickly.

Additionally, I am an avid reader, spending most of my time trying to learn more about sailing and design.

Finally, I am part of two. My wife has some boating experience, but she and has become excited to learn about sailing, and we have agreed this is something we would like to do together.

We will be in your area very soon (2 weeks), and we would be happy to meet you for an "interview." Please let me know if you think you might be interested in discussing further.

Best Regards,
JRC
Old 07-23-2001

davealves is on a distinguished road

Thank you all who have replied. The situation now is that I have a full crew for all of the legs down.

I might still need crew for the returning legs, Antigua to bermuda, Bermuda to Newport, starting in late May.

Thanks again.
Dave
Old 08-27-2001

joe powers is on a distinguished road

Dave,
18 yr old male with New England coastal and inland sailing experience. Athletic and able-bodied. Easy going, enthusiatic person with life-long experience aboard 19'' to 45'' vessels.
Old 08-28-2001

billengland41 is on a distinguished road

I''m a 50 yr old male, experienced sailor, fit, non-smoker, easy to get along with, and currently available in October. I''ve done a delivery on similar route but in the opposite direction--Tortola-Bermuda-Newport. I can provide a resume with references if you like. Email me at billengland41@hotmail.com or phone me at 919-387-0449 and leave a message for Bill, including the best time to call you back. Look forward to hearing from you. Bill