SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

looking for boat from NE to Costa Rica

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  SailNet Archive 
#1 ·
I am an enthusiastic eighteen-year old taking a year off before college and I'm looking to crew on a boat that is headed for the carribean. I have sailing experience and I work as a sailing insructor. Please contact me if you are interested in my services.

#2 ·
DanMoran said:
I am an enthusiastic eighteen-year old taking a year off before college and I'm looking to crew on a boat that is headed for the carribean. I have sailing experience and I work as a sailing insructor. Please contact me if you are interested in my services.
Sounds like you're looking to get paid to crew... that doesn't happen all that often... there is often far more available crew, especially in the carribean, than there are openings on boats... and most will work for free, or for the cost of feeding them on the passage.

#4 · (Edited)
Might be worth looking at http://www.sailopo.com/ which is a service that matches people looking to make passages with boats making such passages IIRC.

There's also a few good crew-posting bulletin boards on the web. I'll see if I can dig them up for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.