Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2015
formerly 'BoatyardBoy'

SailRedemption is on a distinguished road
Day sailing post Miami Boat show

Hello, my girlfriend and I will be attending the boat show this Feb and are going to the keys after for a short vacation. We were wondering if anyone in the south FL area are will to take us sailing for a day trip.

A little about us:

Mid 20s, both athletic and energetic, love being on the water. I own my own sailboat which is being fitted back to basic sailing shape. I have worked at our family's marina the majority of my life so boats are not foreign to me. I have raced and sailed for the last 6 years or so in NOLA with a couple offshore races. My girlfriend has been on a couple sailboats but never really did much of the trimming/working though enjoys sailing. She is excited for my boat to be ready so she can learn and enjoy sailing more. We both work offshore on an OSV, I'm a 2nd mate unlimited/1600ton master, she is a 2nd assistant engineer. (clearly we enjoy being on the water)

We're just looking to have some fun for a day and enjoy the sun and weather and would love to do it sailing if anyone is free after the boat show. We will be more than happy to honor or compensate our hosts.

- Ronnie...on the geaux
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 01-23-2015

bigdogandy is on a distinguished road
Re: Day sailing post Miami Boat show

Ronnie - I'm usually on my boat on Sunday's, work permitting, and would enjoy the chance to meet another sailnetter and go for a daysail. Mine's an older boat, but in a pretty great place for sailing.

Keep in touch as the date gets closer if you're interested.
1981 Endeavour 32

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Be joyful though you have considered all the facts.
- Wendell Berry
Old 01-23-2015

justified is on a distinguished road

Ronnie
I have a good friend down at Safe Harbor Marina on Stock Island. He is always looking for someone to go out with. He is on a Pearson 36. PM me you are gonna be in that area and I'll get you he's contact info.
Peter
Old 01-24-2015
formerly 'BoatyardBoy'

SailRedemption is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdogandy View Post
Ronnie - I'm usually on my boat on Sunday's, work permitting, and would enjoy the chance to meet another sailnetter and go for a daysail. Mine's an older boat, but in a pretty great place for sailing.

Thanks for the offer, though I'm not sure if we'll be around till the next Sunday. But I'll keep you posted ahead of time for sure if we are there for the next weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justified View Post
Ronnie
I have a good friend down at Safe Harbor Marina on Stock Island. He is always looking for someone to go out with. He is on a Pearson 36. PM me you are gonna be in that area and I'll get you he's contact info.
Peter
If he's free on weekdays I'd be interested. I'll send you a pm, well be staying around the base area.

- Ronnie...on the geaux
Old 01-25-2015

neverknow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by justified View Post
Ronnie
Peter

Ronnie and Andy we sent you a PM.

We will also be driving down to the Miami Boat show and can get free to go for a day sail if anyone else wants a ready and willing crew.

We are also looking for a place to stay, right now we plan to tent camp at a local camp ground. We always wondered if anyone would allow someone to stay on the their boat over night. Guess it never hurts to ask.

We have been out on a Pearson 36 before over in Pensacola and had a great time.
Old 02-06-2015

windycityxx is on a distinguished road

Hey sent you an email, let me know if you didn't receive it about your day sails? Hope to hear back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdogandy View Post

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.