SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Crew Wanted: Pacific North West to Mexico (3 Legs)

3K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  IStream 
#1 ·
We will be setting sail from the PNW (Port Angeles) late September / early October and will be making our way south, ultimately to the Sea of Cortez by Mid November (or whenever the weather allows).

We'll be doing the trip in three legs and are looking for two crew members for each leg.

Our boat is a Catalina 50' with a tall rig so we should be making reasonable time down the coast.

Feel free to let me know if you'd like to join for one, two or all three of the legs. All food / boat expenses are covered while on board and if you'd like to hang out on the boat in San Fran or San Diego between legs I'm sure something can be arranged.

Singles and couples welcome so please let me know if you are interested.

#4 ·
hi. I would love to do the first leg. while I have Atlantic and Gulf Coastal. I have no offshore. I am in the process of buying a boat and would love to knock some of the rust off I'm 62, single, retired, boat broken, and would love to crew on weekend trials or help you to get ready. Regards michael

#6 ·
Hi !

My name is sara, and Im interested in being part of your crew. I have no experience in sailing as right now, but my husband and I decided to leave new york in the end of november and move in the caribbean where we can dedicate our time to sailing and diving.

Id like to have more information and to keep the communication up via email or Skype.

My husband won't probably be able to leave his job till november, so it might me just me.

I know I said i have zero experience right now, but I'm willing to do anything that needs to be done on the boat, and i really want to learn as much as possible. Im an hard worker, easy going that love to meet new people. I dedicated the past 4 years of my life to travel the world and learn new thing, Im a PADI dive master certified and Im a fast learner that loves to be in tough with the nature.

Please let me know if you could be interested into giving me a chance to be part of your crew!

I hope to hear back from you soon.

Best,

Sara.

#8 ·
Hello
Me (51) and my daughter(17) would like to be considered to crew with you. This is coming up very soon!
I have been sailing since I was 10. I have crewed out of the SF Bay area, and Gulf of Mexico.
I have been a freelance photographer / instructor / darkroom printer in Austin Texas for 20+ years and am ready to get out on an adventure! My lovely daughter is a "coxin" for Austin Rowing going on 5 years now. She is a Junior in HS and a "B" student.
I would provide lots of photos!! :)
We have spent a lot of time in small spaces, camping etc. We pack light! We are strong and self motivated. Our glasses are half full!
Thank you for your time.
Darcie & Leena

Attachments

#9 ·
Hi! I am interested in joining you. I have some sailing experience and have worked on a dive boat for a number of years, I also love to cook! I have a husband who has limited experience but is super keen to help in anyway possible, we are both early 30's. We would want to join you from November onwards and are looking on travelling down to Mexico also.

#11 ·
My name is Emma Fenn. I am 25 years old and dying to get out! Growing up on the Big Island of Hawaii afforded me with many opportunities to climb aboard. My mother was raised in Florida and has raised me to love sailing and the ocean. I have minimal sailing experience, I took a 2 week course once in high school. I learned the basics and verified a sneaking suspicion of mine that I love to sail. I have been traveling the world every summer, first Central America, Thailand Cambodia, then Mexico, and this past summer I backpacked solo through Turkey, Bulgaria and Greece. I have a passion for traveling and came to the realization this winter that I need to be employed doing something I love, like traveling. Though I may lack the experience you seek, I will more than make up it with other useful skills. Cooking is a hobby of mine and if you are looking for someone who can pinch pennies and also turn out delicious meals, that's me. Working as a preschool teacher for the past two years has trained me to be impeccably patient. In even the most disruptive or tumultuous environments I am even keeled. I want this more than anything. I work at a desk job 9-5 Monday through Friday and I believe it is slowly killing my spirit. I ideally would like to join for all three legs. I love the sea, I love travel and adventure, I speak Spanish fluently, I am CPR/First aid certified,I am a wonderful cook, I am a hard worker and physically capable, I have the wits and the spirit to weather the storm, and I want to be a crew member on your boat. My phone number is 808-640-4778.

#13 ·
That would be awesome! I will continue to search for a boat that will have me, but do very much appreciate the reply. If you have the room and need for one extra crew member on the return trip, I would be thrilled to join for even a short leg. I can meet the crew anywhere along the west coast. May the wind be in your favor, Emma.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.