SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Sailing to Belize

6K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  jmig7 
#1 ·
Hello- straight male 30 looking for intelligent, good sense of humor, excellent sailing common sense ( perfer US sailing cert. in bareboat) crewmate to sail a 27ft C & C to Belize from Gulf side Florida in Dec. 2001 (after X-mas) . No drugs, no smokers.
email jmig7@yahoo.com too talk more in detail

#3 ·
Float plan:
tentively leave tarpon springs to key west (make sure boat is sound) pick up any last supplies in key west. From key west it is 333 NM at a course 237T degree, but with the gulf stream current of 1.5 to 2.5 knots I will correct to 267 degrees for 66NM until the boat is at 14 miles south of dry tortugas (need to pick up some more maps for more charting) . I have decided to sail to ISla Mujeres. Breifly pop in at Cozumel (get water, pump out, fuel etc..) then off the Belilze City. I like to spend a month or so in Belize (checking out realestate, business, check out Maya mountains, maybe apply for visa, diffently do some fishing)
Are you a fisherman? Then after a month rechart to Cayman, Jamaica, maybe Haiti, back to key west and the tarpon springs Florida. This may all change along the way but for sure I like to spend 3-4 months sailing with the most time in Belize. Are you up for that long? Leaving in Dec. returning latetest in March.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.