Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2001

lastfreedom is on a distinguished road
Female crew member for Bay Area sailing...

Hello,

Am looking for a female crew member for day sailing and longer expeditions (once a mutual comfort level has been established) in the Bay Area including the Pacific. Currently at Half Moon Bay wandering between marinas in the area. This is not a solicitation for a romantic encounter so am not bothered by age or other physical attributes (need to be somewhat agile though) - just need to like sailing. I will admit having a woman on board does brighten things up considerably.

I have a 35'' Wauquiez Pretorien. Do not fit the anal boat owner stereotype but do have a naughty sense of humour. Am a Brit (hence the spelling of ''humour'').

Cheers,

Matthew
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-17-2001

jettygirl is on a distinguished road
Female crew member for Bay Area sailing...

I havent much experience on board .. I do know port from starboard ..but what i lack
in hands on i well make up for in passion and
desire to learn.
I''m down in santa cruz ...yep sittin on the jetty
you can reach me at srua01@hotmail.com

Cheers back
Linnea
Old 01-19-2010

MissLindsay is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to MissLindsay
Your Agile Lady Crew Member

Hello,

If you have not already found someone to sail with, I hope you would consider me! Brits have always had the best humor, and I love to sail, but know hardly a thing! I'm dying to learn and be out on the water. I feel at home. I do have excellent cooking skills that I am sure will bring great joy, and I would never hesitate to chop off a fish's head (even though I have respect for all living kind and I do give thanks). I am free to go anytime, anywhere.

Feel free to ask me any questions, and I hope to hear from you.
Old 01-19-2010
I don't discuss my member

zz4gta is on a distinguished road
ML please check the date of the original post before replying. This one is 9 years old.
Old 01-19-2010
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
The original post is now NINE YEARS OLD.. and I don't believe the OP is looking for any crew, especially since their last post was in 2002.

Also, I would recommend being somewhat cautious when thinking of crewing for an unknown individual, especially one with very few posts on the forum. While many of the regular posters are fairly well known quantities, and are often personally known to others on the forum, a person that only has a few posts generally is not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLindsay View Post
Hello,

If you have not already found someone to sail with, I hope you would consider me! Brits have always had the best humor, and I love to sail, but know hardly a thing! I'm dying to learn and be out on the water. I feel at home. I do have excellent cooking skills that I am sure will bring great joy, and I would never hesitate to chop off a fish's head (even though I have respect for all living kind and I do give thanks). I am free to go anytime, anywhere.

Feel free to ask me any questions, and I hope to hear from you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.

Last edited by sailingdog; 01-19-2010 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-19-2010
Sunsets and Warm Beer....

LandLocked66c is on a distinguished road
Can't moderators close these topics? On boards i've moderated we moved this stuff to an archived section or locked it. I've been noticing quite a bit of old topics being dredged up.

You can't steer a boat that isn't moving? Just like a life - P. Lutus
Old 01-19-2010
Learning the HARD way...

eherlihy will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandLocked66c View Post
Can't moderators close these topics? On boards i've moderated we moved this stuff to an archived section or locked it. I've been noticing quite a bit of old topics being dredged up.
I dunno... They closed the post started by some guy, Joshua Slocum, looking for crew for a circumnav. on his 37' home-built wooden sloop, Spray.

USCG Licensed OUPV Captain, ASA 101/103/104/105 Certified Instructor - Also certified in Recreational Marine Electrical Systems

Getting back onto the water after undergoing knee surgery.
Old 01-19-2010
Sunsets and Warm Beer....

LandLocked66c is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eherlihy View Post
I dunno... They closed the post started by some guy, Joshua Slocum, looking for crew for a circumnav. on his 37' home-built wooden sloop, Spray.
That would truly be an archived topic!

You can't steer a boat that isn't moving? Just like a life - P. Lutus
Old 01-19-2010
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastfreedom View Post
Hello,

Am looking for a female crew member for day sailing and longer expeditions (once a mutual comfort level has been established) in the Bay Area including the Pacific. Currently at Half Moon Bay wandering between marinas in the area. This is not a solicitation for a romantic encounter so am not bothered by age or other physical attributes (need to be somewhat agile though) - just need to like sailing. I will admit having a woman on board does brighten things up considerably.

I have a 35'' Wauquiez Pretorien. Do not fit the anal boat owner stereotype but do have a naughty sense of humour. Am a Brit (hence the spelling of ''humour'').

Cheers,

Matthew
C'mon guys - posts can age. But the desire to sail with a chick with a naughty sense of humour? Timeless.

MissLindsay - hats off to you mylady.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 01-20-2010

imagine2frolic is on a distinguished road
There is a single-sailors group on S.F Bay. A good friend of minew gets to sail all the time, and meet people. I am sure you can find it if you google it up. Older threads many times bring help to other folks other than the original posters.........i2f

BORROWED, No single one of us is as smart as all of us!