38’ Luxury Sailing Catamaran NEEDS CREW from NY to Norfolk 9/16/06 - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2006

kirkalittle is on a distinguished road
38’ Luxury Sailing Catamaran NEEDS CREW from NY to Norfolk 9/16/06

38’ Luxury Sailing Catamaran NEEDS CREW from NY to Norfolk 9/16/06…

38’ Luxury Sailing Catamaran cruise from Sag-Harbor (Hamptons, Long Island NY) to Norfolk VA (near airport), ETD NY 9/16/06, ETA Norfolk 5-7 days later. Cost is about $35 per day per person to cover fuel and food plus there are shared responsibilities. There is at LEAST one cabin open on this trip for a couple or individual with boating experience or the desire to learn, you should able to maintain watches after some instruction. This is not a paid pleasure cruise but more so a shared-expense delivery cruise. Accepted crewmembers will share in domestic chores, watches, daily responcibilities and will have an opportunity to gain real offshore sailing experience and should still have plenty of time to relax and enjoy the cruise. This sailboat is fully equipped and exceeds Coast Guard safety standards with chart plotter, autopilot, multiple GPS units, Radar, Life Raft, EPIRB, PFDs, and more.

I’m posting this ad for the Captain/Owner at her request. I helped deliver this vessel as a crewmember from Norfolk to NY this spring and expect to crew from Norfolk to Bahamas this winter as well, nice trip, immaculate boat, you will begin with a VERY scenic cruise down the long island sound, probably stop at Port Jefferson for the night, then through Hell Gate and past Manhattan, the Statue of Liberty, under the Brooklyn Bridge, out to the Atlantic where we may cruise day and night towards Norfolk... This spring we were successful at catching as much fresh fish as we wanted, and it was an amazing time! This Catamaran Charters in the Hamptons for the summer, and the Bahamas in winter with a stop-over in Norfolk this year. This trip is NY to Norfolk only however there may be future possibilities on other legs. Currently the Captain has one or two private cabins left for crewmembers or couples, plus I would consider giving up my spot if more people are interested as the timing is not great for me.

Last trip I used a one-way rental car to Norfolk, and took the Train home from NY, total transportation was under $200 plus we had perfect wind / weather so it took about 5 days however it could take up to 10 and or dates might change if we have to avoid any weather systems. Roughly this trip would cost you around $500 total after ground transportation unless you opted to fly, and give you offshore experience and an unforgettable sailing experience. Sailboat pics are at www.sailacat.com,

If you have a serious interest and are available between 9/16/06 and 9/25/06 (or thereabouts with some flexibility). Please email your contact information along with your level of boating and sailing experience and something about yourself. I can provide more information upon request and forward your information directly to the Captain. Thanks!

EMAIL: Kirkalittle at Hotmail dot com (broken up to keep spammers away)

Last edited by kirkalittle; 08-21-2006 at 01:23 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook