responsible couple wanted - SailNet Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By hannah2

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 10-03-2015 Thread Starter

responsible couple wanted

Hi sailors,

My wife and I are looking for a responsible couple to sail from Panama to Tahiti, maybe to New Zealand. We will sail to Ecuador in March or early April then westward in early May. We would like a couple to crew, responsible for taking watch,( we will train) helping with repairs, maintenance, cooking and all chores. We do not charge you for your passage, we supply most food. You pay your way to and from boat, must have responsible income source. Even though we are old hippie's in spirit, please no dredlockers, no kooks. We eat meat , mostly fish and we like a drink while at anchor, no drinking on passage and no headphones while on watch). You must be in very good shape and no smokers.

Our boat is a Boreal 44 expedition, French aluminum cutter rigged sail boat. Her build was completed in France in 2013 and she is one of the most advanced and sought after boats in the world. The two built before us and the two built right after ours was built sailed the southern ocean 40's, 50's even the 60's latitudes last year.

We would like Northern European, Icelandic, Norway, sweeden, Finland, or English couple but open to all countries. We are American and have seriously sailed for 40 years, my third Pacific crossing. We strictly play by the safety rules of good seamanship, about the same guidelines used by John and Phylis at the website Morgan's cloud.

Those interested please PM me here at sailnet. Let's start a conversation going.

Cheers

Steve and Tracy
RC LOUISE
Boreal 44
Shipislandpirate likes this.

Last edited by hannah2; 10-03-2015 at 02:04 PM.
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-17-2015
Loxidrome

Send a message via Skype™ to OxKaufman
Have you found anyone as yet? The wife and I owned a Moody 42 for a dozen years and have been sailors for a long time! We sold our sailboat 2 years ago and would love to crew with serious sailors!
post #3 of 4 Old 12-01-2015

Re: responsible couple wanted

Hello Hannah, my name is Athyn, and my girlfriend and I are looking for passage across the pacific ocean. Before I go into too long of an introduction, i'm curious if you are still looking for crew members for your pacific crossing?

P.S. I tried to send a private message but I'm a new member and the website will not yet allow me to message privately
post #4 of 4 Old 01-09-2016

Re: responsible couple wanted

Hi Tracy and Steve!

I am sure that you might have already found a crew, however the cruise that you are planning sounds amazing! Would be great to get in touch (if not for this cruise, maybe for another one).

I will need some time to be able to send you a PM (since I just got registered, after I saw your add), but if you want to get in touch, just send me a PM or find me on FB (Sebastian Welling).

Best regards,
Sebastian

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.