SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Crew Wanted/Available (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/)
-   -   Last Minute Crew Needed - NE (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/2338-last-minute-crew-needed-ne.html)

cdurso 10-02-2001 05:04 PM

Last Minute Crew Needed - NE

Private Delivery Trip of a Pearson 30 from Mass. to Maine

Priorities (in order)

Safety
Fun
Get to Falmouth before dark

Itinerary

Sat. 10/6 - Marion, MA to Provincetown, MA
Sun. 10/7 - Provincetown, MA to Gloucester, MA
Mon. 10/8 - Gloucester, MA to Newcastle, NH
Tue. 10/9 - Newcastle, NH to Falmouth, ME

Background

We''re moving our boat from her home in Marion to a new home in Falmouth. My wife is skipping this trip to take care of our 7 week old baby girl. Due to last minute cancellations caused by races, vacations, work schedules, etc. I''m left without any crew for the Saturday/Sunday portion. I''m looking for one or two people who can steer a (fairly) straight course, trim a sail, not get bored by being on a boat all day, and still be enthusiastic about kickin'' back once the boat is secure for the night. Saturday and Sunday are the days when I''m shorthanded but if you wanted to go all the way to Maine that could be fine too, especially if you were contributing to Priority #2.

I scheduled fairly easy legs of 35-45 miles so that they could be done in daylight hours under sail. The last leg is closer to 50 miles so we might get up a little extra early on Tuesday to support Priority #3.

The Boat

1977 Pearson 30 - tiller steering, atomic 4 engine, inflatable dinghy w/ motor, lifesling, fixed VHF, handheld GPS, current charts. All systems in great working order. This is a fun boat to sail and cruise on.

The Weather

??

If you''re interested leave a reply with a little info about yourself and a good time to get in touch with you.

Cheers,
Christian

crusty144 10-03-2001 07:47 AM

I can make it. Work for airline can travel at moments notice. Single hand a 26 all the time. Email me: rv6er@hotmail.com

one565 10-03-2001 10:42 AM

This sounds like a fun little trip. I''m 27, and I''ve been sailing all my life in NE. I have lots of charter crew experience in the bahamas, caribbean, florida, buzzards bay, & around the vineyard. Lately I''ve been single handing our ensign and thinking about my dream boat.

I look forward to hearing from you,
Rebecca

cdurso 10-03-2001 11:48 AM

Hi Rebecca,

What''s the best way to contact you?

Christian

bidet 10-05-2001 05:05 PM

sounds like fun, I chartered 46 Beneatue B.V.I 4-15-01. just crewed deliverey 36 C&C great lakes 9-30-01 own & single hand 26 Oday. raced 30 Santana 9-00 have my own gear. waiting to hear. p.s your 1st 2 priorities are in order