SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

SAILORWOMAN searching for GREAT CAPTAIN!

11K views 34 replies 17 participants last post by  chris_gee 
#1 ·
Hello!

Experienced sailorwoman (40-something, blue-eyed,somewhat blonde) looking for kind, knowledgable, intelligent, articulate fun-loving captain!

This sailor has USCG 6PK license, STCW05 firefighting at sea, ASA cert. Sailing Instructor; offshore delivery miles, watchstanding; having sailed the Med in Greece and corsica, France; Adriatic Sea in Croatia; Eastern Seaboard and Carribean. Fluent French. Have worked as mate/chef/navigator/stew/deck etc. on both sail and power, private and charter. Would love to find a captain looking for a companion/partner. Great cook. Great under pressure and high seas.

Searching for that happy, energetic, enthusiastic, passionate captain who likes new horizons, laughing at himself, and also knows the sea, weather and the boat well. Someone comfortable with the oceans, who has saltwater in his blood!

Email if interested!

Hope to hear from you soon. All responses with photo will get one in return!

Smooth Sailing.
Cheers!
Blue Velvet

See less See more
#3 ·
Would help if you said what the boat is...

#6 ·
is it just me or is there a reading comprehension disconnect on this forum?
(okay i see it on SA too), but i am continually amazed by the replies to threads that are miss the point completely..
ok..mini-rant over..
sam

oops..i hope she finds a fun skipper and not some nut job like me...lol (needed to keep on post after all)

#9 ·
Cam- Evil...funny, but evil...

#10 ·
Hi sailorwoman,

You might consdier looking in the back of Passagemaker, Cruising World, and Ocean Navigator. CW especially has a section in the want adds for sailor companions (and there are always a bunch of them). I bet you can have your pick, as there are probably 10 men looking for every woman.

Of course, I am assuming that I do not have to tell you to show caution on who you hook up with. In general, sailors & cruisers are the best people I have ever run across. However, I have met a few that you would not want to take home to mom... if you get my meaning.

Good luck. Hope you find a lifelong partner.

- CD

#12 ·
Hello CruisingDAD!

Cruisingdad said:
Hi sailorwoman,

You might consdier looking in the back of Passagemaker, Cruising World, and Ocean Navigator. CW especially has a section in the want adds for sailor companions (and there are always a bunch of them). I bet you can have your pick, as there are probably 10 men looking for every woman.

Of course, I am assuming that I do not have to tell you to show caution on who you hook up with. In general, sailors & cruisers are the best people I have ever run across. However, I have met a few that you would not want to take home to mom... if you get my meaning.

Good luck. Hope you find a lifelong partner.

- CD
Thanks, Dad for the suggestions! I had not heard of "passagemaker" mag, but know the others, and do try to look in the classifieds when I am in port if they have it! It is easier for me to do it online, as I work as crew fulltime on boats, and don't get mail regularly to get a subscription!

Cheers, and smooth sailing!

BlueVelvet

#15 ·
IIRC Sailnet has a fairly small ceiling on how large the attachments can be.

#16 ·
answer

Hi,

I am 60, look 45, and have sailed from Ft. Lauderdale to Boston and out into the Pacific several years ago. I am missing the salt water and thinking of buying a boat and going out again and just happened to see your note. I am not married but do have a number of children all grown.

I do not have licenses but have pretty much been there as it relates to the issues of cruising.

David Lewis

#18 ·
Here's an Idea

Dang, I couldn't help that one getting out :)

This is the potential for a new section 'Sailnet Personals'

I am certain there are many individuals who are looking for a partner but perhaps don't wish to the Internet Dating thing as the common interest is probably near to zero.

Here at least there are likeminded people and some them are single (self included), and you don't have to go through the whole BS to find out if sailing/cruising/racing is something you have in common.

So how about it Sailnet??

In the meantime, I will look to see if any photos of boat and motors have arrived :D

#19 ·
Motor

TassieBloke said:
Sailorwoman wanted to cook, clean fish and make love.
Must have own boat and motor.
Please send photo of boat and motor
Bloke,

I think if you want to get qualified rsponses you should clarify the "motor" requirement, i.e. inboard, outboard, automobile or even washing machine, otherwise who knows what you'll get back. IMHO requiring inboard only would snub many potential responders, but I guess that is your call.

#20 ·
Captain here

bluevelvet said:
Hello!

Experienced sailorwoman (40-something, blue-eyed,somewhat blonde) looking for kind, knowledgable, intelligent, articulate fun-loving captain!

This sailor has USCG 6PK license, STCW05 firefighting at sea, ASA cert. Sailing Instructor; offshore delivery miles, watchstanding; having sailed the Med in Greece and corsica, France; Adriatic Sea in Croatia; Eastern Seaboard and Carribean. Fluent French. Have worked as mate/chef/navigator/stew/deck etc. on both sail and power, private and charter. Would love to find a captain looking for a companion/partner. Great cook. Great under pressure and high seas.

Searching for that happy, energetic, enthusiastic, passionate captain who likes new horizons, laughing at himself, and also knows the sea, weather and the boat well. Someone comfortable with the oceans, who has saltwater in his blood!

Email if interested!

Hope to hear from you soon. All responses with photo will get one in return!

Smooth Sailing.
Cheers!
Blue Velvet
Hello Blue Velvet

Sounds intetresting. I definately hae salt in my veins. Licensed Master 50 tons. Also ex Merchant Marine Lic Engineer any ocean Can take apart anything and put it back wotrking. Own a 43 ft sailboat now and sailing is in my blood. Software consultant making my own time and work habits.

So what is your plan? Oh I am 50 ish bloned, blue and in shape

Sailoeman

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.