SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Crew Wanted/Available (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/)
-   -   SAILORWOMAN searching for GREAT CAPTAIN! (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/24418-sailorwoman-searching-great-captain.html)

bluevelvet 10-25-2006 05:00 PM

SAILORWOMAN searching for GREAT CAPTAIN!

Hello!

Experienced sailorwoman (40-something, blue-eyed,somewhat blonde) looking for kind, knowledgable, intelligent, articulate fun-loving captain!

This sailor has USCG 6PK license, STCW05 firefighting at sea, ASA cert. Sailing Instructor; offshore delivery miles, watchstanding; having sailed the Med in Greece and corsica, France; Adriatic Sea in Croatia; Eastern Seaboard and Carribean. Fluent French. Have worked as mate/chef/navigator/stew/deck etc. on both sail and power, private and charter. Would love to find a captain looking for a companion/partner. Great cook. Great under pressure and high seas.

Searching for that happy, energetic, enthusiastic, passionate captain who likes new horizons, laughing at himself, and also knows the sea, weather and the boat well. Someone comfortable with the oceans, who has saltwater in his blood!

Email if interested!

Hope to hear from you soon. All responses with photo will get one in return!

Smooth Sailing.
Cheers!
Blue Velvet

NickL 10-25-2006 05:07 PM

Could you please post a picture of your boat?

sailingdog 10-25-2006 05:41 PM

Would help if you said what the boat is...

GusMattos 10-25-2006 08:41 PM

LOL...Well that would be fun>>>>>....

cardiacpaul 10-26-2006 02:17 AM

I don't think she said SHE had a boat...

sanctuarysam 10-26-2006 10:20 AM

is it just me or is there a reading comprehension disconnect on this forum?
(okay i see it on SA too), but i am continually amazed by the replies to threads that are miss the point completely..
ok..mini-rant over..
sam

oops..i hope she finds a fun skipper and not some nut job like me...lol (needed to keep on post after all)

camaraderie 10-26-2006 11:18 PM

Velvet...here's just the guy for you if you like old salts!

roger753 10-27-2006 04:52 AM

old salt

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaraderie
Velvet...here's just the guy for you if you like old salts!

thats was mean, camaraderie. i liked. very much. with this guy applying for the job, i gave up offering my self.

sailingdog 10-27-2006 07:32 AM

Cam- Evil...funny, but evil...

Cruisingdad 10-27-2006 10:09 AM

Hi sailorwoman,

You might consdier looking in the back of Passagemaker, Cruising World, and Ocean Navigator. CW especially has a section in the want adds for sailor companions (and there are always a bunch of them). I bet you can have your pick, as there are probably 10 men looking for every woman.

Of course, I am assuming that I do not have to tell you to show caution on who you hook up with. In general, sailors & cruisers are the best people I have ever run across. However, I have met a few that you would not want to take home to mom... if you get my meaning.

Good luck. Hope you find a lifelong partner.

- CD