Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2006

JenicoStar is on a distinguished road
Couple seek third / to Belize

Crewmate has been selected- Thank you for your interest! Blue water!

Last edited by JenicoStar; 11-22-2006 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Duplicate posting > sorry
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-30-2006

corriganken is on a distinguished road
Hello !!! I have read your posting with interest . I am 58 married retiree . I have sailed in Lake Erie for the past 14 years . I have taken several Power Squadron courses and have some saltwater experience . I have been to Belize to do some fishing . I am a cetified scuba diver .
How much sailing experience do you have ?? Do you plan to sail 24 hours a day ? Can you safely operate your boat with 3 people ? Ken corrigan
Old 10-31-2006

Ken, 30+ years sailing exp. Kinda hard to drop anchor in middle of Gulf so yes 24 hrs of sailing plus- thus the need for 3 mates. (Revolving watches to keep sharp)possible 120 hrs to Cozumel alone, therefore 3 would be better for all things considered. However have sailed from Belize to Galveston, TX with just 2 in 9 days. Makes for two really tired/ dizzy mates! LOL
Old 11-01-2006

A third to Belize

Hi !!! When you reach Belize , what then ??? Do you plan to stay there for a while or move on???

If I was able to join you as a crew what would you require of me ???

Ken
Old 11-02-2006

Ken
We plan to stay around Belize for "awhile" (no set time really) rest up and when mood strikes and winds are favorable continue on thru Panama Canal and back up on Pacific side of Costa Rica and do the same.(hang out and play) Then off to "wherever" as long as it's tropical.
We are offering someone a "barter fare" or cruise in exchange for help situation. You would need to see to your own needs (put money in for your groceries, pay for your own vices / sightseeing expenses etc.) as well as be responsible for your return if you are returning. We just require someone to help in regards to a rotation schedule at the wheel. Experince not as important as WILL to learn.
We are on an early retirement and off to experince the Southern Seas, and someone is welcome as long as they are comfortable. (We only ask you to commit to as far as Cozumel- basically for the of sea hours and sailing experince etc. We acknowledge you may have places you'd like to suggest to stop from Coz to Belize and we're open to them!
What IS your situation on time, availability to be away etc.? And perhaps more about yourself?
Old 11-03-2006

Hello Jenicostar !! I am commited to other interests at this time that prevent me from joining you. My wife and I have discussed this opportunity with interest but at this time I cannot commit to your adventure .
Thanks Ken
Old 11-03-2006
Asst. Engineer/deckhand

Melodyd is on a distinguished road
Talking

Hello. I do not have much ocean experience, and no sailing experience, but am very eager to learn. I am a capable crew member who has spent the last year on a motor yacht in refit. If you are willing to teach, please consider me

Thanks,
Melody
Old 11-18-2006

sjcscott is on a distinguished road
Hello,
Still looking for crew? I am currently in Freeport having just purchased a boat and am looking for some offshore experience in preparation for an extended cruise to begin Mar '08. I have coastal experience but no offshore. I do have the time to go to Belize and can go anytime. Maybe I can come up to Galvaston and talk? I will PM you also.
Scott
Old 11-21-2006

lhunt is on a distinguished road
Hi this sounds like a good adventure. I have ben sailing for ~40 years with lots of cruiser and racing expereince. I did crew on a Hans Christian 38 from Hawaii to the north end of Vancouver island in summer or 87. We did shifts on the wheel 24/7 for 3 weeks nonstop. I was the sail trimmer as I didn't like stearing a boat that could pretty much stear herself. HCs are great cruisers! ! ! shall we talk more?? Lee you can contact me @ lhunt2@hotmail.com if you want.
Old 11-22-2006

Crewmate has been selected! Thanks to all for your interest! Blue water!