Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2006
learning to sail

RayMetz100 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to RayMetz100
Seattle Winter Daysailing

Looking for someone near Seattle that wants to daysail this winter. I just learned myself a couple months ago and am recently ASA certified for Basic Coastal Cruising.

My wife is letting me go out just about every weekend so I can get more experience before it warms up and I start taking her and the kids along. I have family and friends that will go with me occasionally, but so far no one's excited to go every weekend in the cold/rain this winter.

I can sail any of the Northwest Club boats here: http://www.seattlesailing.com/boats/index.html The dues are paid so there would be no cost to you other than warm/rain clothing unless you wanted to buy lunch or something. There may also be room for a friend of yours to join.

Iím 31 and live in South Everett. Shilshole Bay Marina is on Puget Sound just north of Seattle. Daysail destinations might be Bainbridge Island, Seattleís Elliot Bay, Edmonds, and Kingston, or we can crew in the Sunday Club Races.

RayMetz100@yahoo.com

Last edited by RayMetz100; 11-28-2006 at 10:13 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-29-2006
On the hard

CharlieCobra has a spectacular aura about CharlieCobra has a spectacular aura about
I was crewing on a Catalina 38 for the Fall and Winter series but they pulled the boat due to hull issues. You're just too far South for me though.
Old 11-29-2006
learning to sail

If you get bored and want to come down for a weekend day, let me know anytime in the next few months. So far, I just have one friend lined up for this Sunday, so we'll probably take a J/22.
Old 11-30-2006

CaptKermie is on a distinguished road
Currently it is snowing and too rediculously cold for me to be on the water. Still your offer is somewhat intrigueing given the boats available in the club. I am always looking at other boats with an eye to upgrade in a few years so an oportunity to sail a couple other boats is tempting. The only downside is how far south you are, I am 20 minutes north of the Peace Arch border crossing so it would take me a few hours to get that far south. Still I might be tempted to drive down for a weekend if time permits when this ugly weather abates. I will keep it in the back of my mind. I see J-boats are the popular choice there. I mostly sail out of Point Roberts Marina in the spring and summer and really enjoy the San juans & Gulf Islands, haven't been down into Puget Sound yet, but plan to in the future.
Old 11-30-2006
learning to sail

Yeah, that's a long drive. I can only sail the ones up to 25' so far. I plan to take the 104 class in Spring so I can try out the larger ones. I found two guys for this Sunday I think.
Old 12-01-2006
On the hard

CharlieCobra has a spectacular aura about CharlieCobra has a spectacular aura about
Cool, I gotta get some foulies before I go out in the Winter around here.
Old 01-13-2007

Felicity is on a distinguished road
Im in Seattle

Hello!
My name is Felicity, I am a 20 year old college student at SPU and I want to go sailing on the weekends. I have some experience sailing, but I want to learn how to sail larger boats. I could bring a friend if two is better than one. I am a quick learner, and I I need all the experience I can get. Cold weather does not scare me.

Felicity
powerf@spu.edu
Old 01-16-2007

Tabris is on a distinguished road
Hi Ray . Good to see more people joining the sailing comunity. I am wintering in Barbados but will be back to Victoria early feb. I am frequently in Seattle staying in the ballard area . I am retired young and have a lot of free time . I have advanced certification and basic instructors. Have sail all over the PNW , 3 1/2 months last summer. Would be great to get out with you if your still looking for crew.

Eric
Old 04-02-2007
Helms ALee!

tenuki will become famous soon enough
I'd be up for a spin in a J22, give me a PM. I live in Edmonds and have a membership at windworks if you want to hit a catalina 25. In a month or so I'll have my Kent Ranger 24 refitted and ready to roll so will be looking for crew too. free most weekends.
Old 04-02-2007

nightowle is on a distinguished road
Hi Ray,
I just read your post -- sorry not to see it earlier. I have a 27' O'Day in close to the Ballard Locks. My fiancee isn't keen on sailing every weekend. We bought the boat last summer and I need to practice more sail trim. So if you're game we can teach a few sailing tricks to each other. She's a great boat.
Brad
blefton@gmail.com