Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2007

islander46 is on a distinguished road
Crew wanted Florida Keys To Panama first week in June

I am looking for at least two crew for a trip to Bocas Del Toro Panama.
I want to leave the first week of june. The boat is an islander freeport 41. She is comfortable and well maintained.The captain is fairly comfortable and well maintained also.
I plan on sailing down the Bahama chain to the Turks and Caicos. Then to Jamaica and on to panama.3-4 week trip
The crew will be responsible for thier own expenses.I will pay customs fees and fuel for the vessel.
I look forward to hearing from you with any questions.
Joe
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-02-2007

Showme is on a distinguished road
Where is your boat currently located? Just finished crossing the Gulf and I am currently in Clearwater, FL....I may be available send me an email with details....Showme3@aol.com

John
Old 05-03-2007

ricardoleal is on a distinguished road
Are you looking for crew still? I'm in Colorado planning to go to Panama, some boating experience, willing to learn how to sail. Following my post from another forum.

I put this ad here about a month ago, I had some returns on it, but since then my plans had changed, I'll be leaving USA and sailing all the way to Aruba, what is going to add another -+1200 miles in 45 days sailing, after I get there I'll be looking for a ride either to Europe, Brazil or further south, a Portuguese and Spanish speaker can be helpful.
Arriving in Aruba late June.
Following is my first ad with my personal info.

Hi, I'm a 34 years old (should I say young) Brazilian guy, looking for sailing experience and adventure. Right now in Colorado USA, willing to join any vessel on USA waters or Central America/Caribbean.

Experience/skill:

In the last 2 summers I worked as a crewmember onboard 85 and 90 footers, living onboard power boats, two sister boats used mainly for recreational diving. On these vessels all the divers needs are met like air/nitrox, food and a really safe scuba, free diving/spear fishing and fishing operations, plus snorkeling, cage shark diving and environmental educational programs. Been part of such great crew and family business scheme I had the opportunity to build a strong crewmember experience, especially after 2 seasons that allowed me to log approximately 150 days on board on open waters, plus +/- 100 hours as a skiff driver. My only sailing experience is a 4 days trip from L.A. to Santa Catalina.
In my deckhand days I experienced many stressful situation like flooding, divers rescue, medical emergencies, crew rescue from a boat sinking and amazing things as well, like several close encounters with the guy on the gray suit (great white shark), fun and delightful lobster hunting, we had the pleasure to have onboard one of the best underwater film makers on the whole world.
Boat work experience, some skiils with tools.
STCW 95, first aid certified by the Brazilian Red Cross, scuba diver with over 70 dives, speak English, Portuguese and Spanish, rock climber with more than 16 years of experience, skier and snowboarder.

About me:

Very easy going, don't smoke, light drinker, definitely no drugs, willing to learn as much as possible about sailing and the Ocean, friendly, good health, love to read, intelligent conversation, good sense humor, a true day person, never give up and very optimist.

I have my own surf board (trying hard to learn that thing), scuba diving (no tank), camping and rock climbing gear.

Take me with you to any nice place, planning to stop by my home to see my family and ideally I'll be making my way to South Pacific and New Zealand.

I can pay for my air fair if it is reasonable.

(ricardo_l AT hotmail.com)
Old 05-10-2007

danign is on a distinguished road
Are you still planning on sailing first week of June?
I could be available!
Contact me at danign2003@yahoo.com if you are still looking for crew.
Dani
Old 06-04-2007

qwietriot1 is on a distinguished road
still need crew?

if so, contact me dbhudd@gmail.com