Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2002

denny0123 is on a distinguished road
Charboat Captain/Crew Wanted

Hi:

My name is Denny a USCG Master Captain with sail & tow endorsemens. I am a college educated, white, english speaking
US citizen male in excellent physical shape (6'' 180 lbs). I am a PADI rescue diver and love to dive, snokel, water ski and swim. I left the corporate world 18 months ago and now reside in FL. I had two of my own businesses; software and in real estate development. I am used to dealing with corporate professionals and pleasing them since they typically would spend from $400k to over $15 million with me.
I have sailed and boated since I was seven and have skippered monhulls and cats to 60 LOA.
Would be interested in learning more about your business and the captain''s position.

Denny
denny0123@excite.com
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-23-2002

captsteve is on a distinguished road

Check out their website!

http://www.arubareservations.com/elegance_right_arubacom.htm

Good luck !
Steve
Old 03-26-2002

Gib is on a distinguished road

I am currently in law school and will finish up for the year in May. I have 13 years experience sailing and taught for 5. I speak German and French as well as English and am wondering if you have any empoyment opportunities. I have worked in hospitality in Europe and have extensive service industry experience.
Hope to hear from you,
Kristen
Old 03-26-2002

snods57 is on a distinguished road

Have you filled all positioms yet? Still interested. Snods
Old 03-27-2002

stb is on a distinguished road

ArubaCharter

In follow up to my generic ''crew stats'' e-mail, I do hope you will consider my interest in possibly serving on your ship.
I would be please to fax or e-mail you references , hospitality backround, education and professional experience, et al.

Being gracious and hospitable is, I thank my mother, my way of being naturally. Yet I am a bit private, a blessing amoung sailors I find.
I love sharing the experience of water and think there is most probably not much more elegantly conceived than canvas in wind.
My fowl weather gear and a bikini are stowed
in rubber maid in the back of the truck.
.....should you still be looking for crew...
sally@duluth.com

Old 04-04-2002

captsteve is on a distinguished road

Sally,

Not sure why they still do not respond to their message board. But, call Mark at 011-297-88277 or 011-297-864290.
Check out their website
http://www.arubareservations.com/elegance_right_arubacom.htm

Good Luck!
Steve
PS you won''t need a bikini in Aruba
Old 08-09-2011

PEcaptainengineer is on a distinguished road
Captain/Engineer position

Please find in attachment my resume as a Captain/Engineer for your evaluation. I am an American citizen, speaks spanish, portuguese, italian and french. I have very strong background at the yacht science in many different sizes and technology with more than 20 years at the field. USCG Captain license, TWIC card, STCW certification, medical officer certification and marine mechanic engineering certification. I am open to discuss a reasonable salary offer. Available for interview and immediately hiring.
Best regard,
Ivan Lima
30 Hendricks Isle
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
754-2141921
Ivan Lima
30 Hendricks Isle
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Phone (754) 214-1921 Professionalcaptainengineer@live.com

Objective: Seeking a challenging position as CAPTAIN/ENGINEER in a challenging and professional yacht environment in which I am able do perfect my skills to enhance to the best of my abilities.
Technical Skills:
Maintenance of de mechanical, electrical and electronics instrumentation and control equipment, piping, hydraulic, air conditioning & compressor.
Workshop skill such as the use of lathe, drill, milling machine and welding equipment.
Dynamics of ship resistance & propulsion
Ship design and construction (Carbras*Mar Yachts/Brazil 1975/1979)
Ship survey and Sea trial, maintenance program for Hatteras Yacht - Florida 1991/1993
2009/2011 as Chief Engineer for 105’ Azimut performing general yacht maintenance including 2x8KW Kohler power system generators, 22 cruiser cooling units system, Creston TPMC system, cantalupi electric system, Side-power Thruster system, custom made & Marinco (Italian) Water makers, 2x2000 series MTU engine 16 cylinders diesel light duty 2400 SAE HP, Avon jet tender 6 passengers 104 HP & 35’ Intrepid tender 2x350 HP
Other Skills:
Computer languages: C++, C, Fortran 90
Operation system: Windows, UNIX
Speaks/Writes English, Spanish and Portuguese
Understand 50% Italian and Francois
Education:
BS in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
CEFETE-Engineering Institute - Brazil - 1973/1978
MS in Marine Mechanical Engineering
Corllins University - Florida - USA - 2007/2010
Awards, Honors & Certifications:
Certificate of Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue - CPR/ACLS
Affiliate Member: CREA - Regional Council of Engineering, Architecture and Agronomy
NSERC - Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council
IMAREST - Institute of Marine Engineering
OUPV/Master 100 Ton USCG Captain license
TWIC card - STCW95 certification, CPR/1ST AID card
MTU Engine certification

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArubaSailing View Post
We are looking for a captain, and mate or F&B person to work in Aruba in the Caribbean, operating a luxury private yacht charter. We have an existing business that was ‘wound down’ due to other interests, but as we have a good ‘base’ of business, an excellent reputation, a beautiful Cabo Rico XL sailing yacht, all permits & licenses, a strong base of operations with marketing and a partner that will handle marketing & business operations, we are ready to re-start. We only need a proper captain that meets the following requirements:
Self starter, Good sailor, cautious & careful, very personable, reliable, able to handle VIP clients, including celebrities and other well known individuals without being intimidated or kissing up, you must be able to make EVERYONE feel welcome & comfortable as if they are sailing on their own private yacht & you are THEIR crew! Food & beverage experience or knowledge a plus, language skills a big advantage.

We offer private yacht charters, mostly ˝ & full day with occasional longer terms. Although we specialize in more the “Dom Perignon & Beluga Caviar” trips, many are “Beer & Sandwiches”. You must be able to handle all.

We are more looking for a ‘partner’ type that if successful will become a partner in the business. You must be a person looking to live the Island life of Aruba, rather than the high finance of New York!
Old 08-09-2011

engine1218 is on a distinguished road
Sorry PE, keep an eye on the post dates. This thread is 9 years old.
Old 08-09-2011
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Ivan,
Check the date on the original post.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.