Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2002

ArubaSailing is on a distinguished road
Charboat Captain/Crew Wanted

We are looking for a captain, and mate or F&B person to work in Aruba in the Caribbean, operating a luxury private yacht charter. We have an existing business that was ‘wound down’ due to other interests, but as we have a good ‘base’ of business, an excellent reputation, a beautiful Cabo Rico XL sailing yacht, all permits & licenses, a strong base of operations with marketing and a partner that will handle marketing & business operations, we are ready to re-start. We only need a proper captain that meets the following requirements:
Self starter, Good sailor, cautious & careful, very personable, reliable, able to handle VIP clients, including celebrities and other well known individuals without being intimidated or kissing up, you must be able to make EVERYONE feel welcome & comfortable as if they are sailing on their own private yacht & you are THEIR crew! Food & beverage experience or knowledge a plus, language skills a big advantage.

We offer private yacht charters, mostly ½ & full day with occasional longer terms. Although we specialize in more the “Dom Perignon & Beluga Caviar” trips, many are “Beer & Sandwiches”. You must be able to handle all.

We are more looking for a ‘partner’ type that if successful will become a partner in the business. You must be a person looking to live the Island life of Aruba, rather than the high finance of New York!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 02-05-2002

captsteve is on a distinguished road

Personable & Service orientated skipper with emphasis on safety and vessel maintenance.
Extensive charter experience with exclusive clientele.Proficient handling of Monohulls, and Catamarans. Experienced Heavy Weather Offshore & Coastal Passage Making.

QUALIFICATIONS
USCG Master with Sail Endorsement
US Sailing “Cruising” Certification
ASA “Coastal Navigation” Certification
FCC Licensed Marine Radio Operator
Advanced Medical Certification

Personal:
Gourmet Cook
Superior communication skills resulting in positive conclusions. Problem solver and innovator who gets the job done in the most effective and cost-efficient way.

Excellent Health: Non-Smoker, Non-Drinker
US & British Passports

I would like to discuss my qualifications in terms of your needs.
Old 02-07-2002
lchee29

edmundlopez is on a distinguished road

Name: Edmund Lopez

Previous experience:
Sailing Instructor.
Whitbread Round the World Race 1989-1990,in charge of electrical and electronics systems, helmsman.
First Mate on many racing boats (Med. and English Channel).
Delivery Captain
Full time captain on privates sailboats, on many of them receiving guests on board (as private charter)

Personal:
Food and beverage experience.
Languages: spanish, english, french, portuguese
Offshore captain License
Non-smoker, non-drinker
French and Uruguay Passports
43 y.o.,married, 1 son

Living on board my own sailboat (Yorktown 39) in Isla Mujeres Cancun Mexico

My email addressis edmundlopez@email.com
Old 02-07-2002

travelinglizard is on a distinguished road

Old 02-07-2002

marciavelli is on a distinguished road

Hello
Marc Iannini is a 200 Ton Offshore Yachtamaster commercially endorsed(RYA)
GMDSS/short wave raio liscences
1st aid training
3 yrs and 30,ooo miles of charter exp.
Lots of PHRF and offshore race experience..
for further details contact me...
markspipe@yahoo.com
Old 02-17-2002

snods57 is on a distinguished road

Experienced female crew; RN for 30 years; tons of personality; "island like" very laid back outlook on life; passionate about sailing; not too hard on the eyes either.
Old 03-05-2002

ssadove is on a distinguished road

I saw your posting looking for a Captain and I would be interested, possibly along with my wife as the mate. We both have extensive sailing experience. I would be happy to email you a CV/Resume. but as a short introduction I am a USCG licensed Master 100 ton all oceans with sail/radar/towing endorsements. Also holder of all yachtmaster tickets as well. Additionally an ASA licensed instructor. I have run vessels from 20 ft to 140 ft. I am very expereinced with traditonal vessels as well including schooners and square riggers. I have also run power vessels up to 150 ft. I have sailed from the Arctic (Greenland) to the tropics. I presently own and sail a 43ft Hans Christian Cutter and a 65 ft Bristol Channel Cutter.
I speak 5 languages and ran a whale watch business for 16 years so I am very capable at dealing with all types of people, including celebrities.
If you are interested and would like further details please contact me at my email: bphysa1@pipeline.com
Thank you
Sam Sadove
mhannon@att.net likes this.
Old 03-09-2002

piclarke is on a distinguished road

Hello, I''m interested in the Mates position, English speaking Kiwi with extensive off shore experience=been head chef and excecutive chef= owned my own restaurant.
Extensive coastal cruising.
Full details C/v photo,sailing experience,and other important information for yourself and the Skipper you appoint available at my web site,
www.yachtcrew-cv.com/ca/philclarke.htm
Old 03-09-2002

rodgersworks is on a distinguished road

Dear Sir/Madam;
I''ve worked (as a younger man) for a party boat captain out of Half Moon Bay harbor where I was a deck-hand on an eighty-five foot vessel named "Chubasco". I crewed in Seattle''s famous "25th Annual Wooden Boat Festival" last year, and recently (late August and early September, 2001) I sailed with two friends around the BVI''s. The two weeks on-board our Benneteau 411 taught me, once again, the extreme pleasure the oceans of this world have to offer. At this point in my life, I would do just about anything to become gainfully employed on the water!

Attached is a resume'' listing my most recent work history, though not listed are my years during high school and college where I worked as a server at some of California''s and Arizona''s best restaurants including Tchafalaya River Cafe, a high end cajun-based restaurant, and When In Naples, one of the Tomaso family of eateries with stores located in Scottsdale and Phoenix, Arizona. In each of these restaurants I became the top earner, fully satisfying all expectations and exceeding those when possible. I can commit to, at the very least, a year of service, but would be more than willing to make sailing a career and learn the business from the ground up.

I love the water, am not afraid of work, am very good with people, have the ability to provide the best eating / sailing / sleeping / dining experience your customers will ever know. I can be reached at 928.226.1060, cell: 480.570.7722, or via e-mail at rodgersworks@netzero.net anytime.

If you are receiving this e-mail incorrectly, please, please, PLEASE, forward to the appropriate party. Thank you very much for your time and I look forward..........GREATLY look forward to hearing from someone soon.

Sincerely (and anxiously),
Jack J. Rodgers
Old 03-16-2002

stb is on a distinguished road

Captain
In case you still, or will , seek crew
I am writing in search of a crew position.
I have been ashore for sometime now...

My wind born experience includes:
CIRCI, sloop, 4 months-2000 nautical 1991 (USVI-Chesapeake)
US BRIG NIAGARA, 3 months, summer 1994 ( Great Lakes)
LA Maritime Institute, writer editor training manual, 1995
SEAL PUP, 24ft sloop, 18mos, live aboard (San Pedro, CA)
various flotsam crew, various local regatta (CA, HI, Lake Superior, Chesapeake)
PICTON CASTLE, Barque, 2 months, autumn 1999 (Nova Scotia - Boston)

I am naturally hospitable, seek to live Aloha, am well educated, articulate and playful. I can handle the galley, like line and rig work, can scrape, paint, swab. I am a mature woman, steady worker, practical sailor. I have been a Water Safety Instructor for 20 years and am SCUBA Certified. I paint in oil, sculpt whatever and have a deep commitment to clean water and children.

How I would love to be back on the water in the wind; to keep my hands busy doing what''s needful for the ship; wondering at the lift in the filling of the sail,...

If you seek crew perhaps we could speak further.
Thank you
sally@duluth.com

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.