SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Crew Wanted/Available (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/)
-   -   Woman ready to go sailing! (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/3451-woman-ready-go-sailing.html)

Sea2See 02-27-2002 05:02 AM

Woman ready to go sailing!

Iím looking for a good boat and a seaworthy captain; or is it the other way around? I have done two Trans Atlantics one in í99 the other in í01. I have cruised the Azores and the west coasts of Portugal and Spain. I have had a couple of paid positions including one as first mate and hostess on a large sailboat in the Gulf and the costal bend of Texas. I have been assisting a catamaran designer/builder with the final fit-out of his latest design on the south coast of England since August. Unfortunately he has had to scrap the sailing plans so I am looking for a new boat. My skills include: cooking, varnishing, general boat chores, maintaining engines and other boat systems, doing minor repairs and troubleshooting, basic canvas work, and first aid. In other words I can fix the stove AND cook dinner on it. I am interested in learning navigation and continuing to work on my sailing skills. Iíd like to be aboard a new boat soon. I am happy to take a position in exchange for room and board, but will consider paid positions as well. I am looking for a competent and safety conscious captain who doesnít have a cocktail until the hook is down or the lines are secure, who doesnít yell or call people names, wants a sailing buddy (holding open the possibility of more), and wants crew to be aboard sooner rather than later. Iíd rather to stay in warm climates, prefer cruising to passage making, although a circumnavigation is a possibility. I am 48 years old, retired USAF, and hope never to work or live on land again. I enjoy SCUBA, most kinds of music, reading, and meeting all the nice folks that are out there. Please email me at Sea2See@HotMail.Com

JackQ 03-09-2002 09:04 PM

ADVENTURE WOMAN? sail with me to warm and sandy shores;
weíll cruise the Caribbean, Bahamas plus a whole lot more.
My 36 foot ketch is well-found and cruise equipped;
Iím 60ís, fit and calm and bright, and ready with a quip.
If you are 45 to 50, give or take a year or so, intelligent, inclined to laugh, earned your sea legs in a blow;
can sail for months, a carefree life thatís shared alone with me;
then write an answer to this callónow, pease, ASAP.
Jack: <quinj13@msn.com>
SEE MY SITE & BOAT PIC

sailor2169 03-19-2002 03:20 AM

also USAF retired. 60''s. have a 30'' cutter. I do the Bahamas, Abacos down to the Exumas. Very safety conscious. Boat is bristol. Not looking for a wife or an adviser but could use some assistance on the boat. Easy going. Etc. Etc. If interested, let me know. Tom

Sea2See 03-19-2002 08:31 AM

Please write to my email address

Sea2See@hotmail.com