Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2007

Location: Right now, Ohio. Ugh. Just moved from Florida, have also lived in Chicago, San Francisco & New York
emilymarie1024 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to emilymarie1024
Hopeful crew asking for a few minutes of your time....

I may be going out on a limb here…but hey, life is short. First off, I must be honest about my sailing abilities. They are virtually non-existent. My only sailing experiences are limited to my 13’ Sunfish sailboat. Hahaha! But before you close out of here and continue on, please just give me another minute or two of your time.
I am very eager to learn how to sail as a crewmember on a larger sailboat. Eager is not exactly the right word I should probably use. It has been a dream of mine to float around the world in a sailboat. There is nothing quite like the harmony between boat, wind and water. Money has never been an abundance of mine, which hinders me from joining me on sailing excursions with shared expenses, I would need to have a paying job (at least enough to cover food to survive, that is important ). But I want to learn, if someone would be willing to teach me. I promise I am a fast learner & would be very dedicated to the job. I have iron legs and have never been sea-sick in my life. I served 4 years in the United States Coast Guard and have basic seamanship skills (I worked 2 years with small boats & 2 years with Helicopters). I love to cook and could help out in the galley, and would love to help out with cleaning & deck maintenance. I am courteous and kind, fun-loving & adventure-seeking with a great sense of humor, a love of life & a desire to see the world. I am interested in any type of sailing adventure that might be out there. I know there are hundreds of other people out there with more experience they could bring to the table….but I figure, why not try.

Thanks for taking the time to read my plea!

Emily Schreiber
26 year old landlubber

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Mark Twain

Last edited by emilymarie1024; 07-13-2007 at 09:02 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-13-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Emily-

Welcome to sailnet... I would highly recommend you obfuscate your e-mail address or remove it... or you will be getting lots of spam.

If you're ever in the Massachusetts area, let me know...

SD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 07-13-2007

Location: Right now, Ohio. Ugh. Just moved from Florida, have also lived in Chicago, San Francisco & New York
Thanks for the advice!
Been to Boston twice...one time my car was stolen & the second time my purse was stolen off the subway.
Don't think I will be making it back that way anytime soon!
ES
Old 07-13-2007

Freesail99 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Freesail99
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilymarie1024
Thanks for the advice!
Been to Boston twice...one time my car was stolen & the second time my purse was stolen off the subway.
Don't think I will be making it back that way anytime soon!
ES

lol, but you must admit the chowder is good.......
Old 07-13-2007

Ahhhh...this is true.
Great pubs too.
Old 07-13-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
You were obviously in the wrong part of Boston...

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 07-13-2007
Banned

Rickm505 is on a distinguished road
Emily

I know you're looking to crew, but when you have a minute take at look at this as it's truly inspiring.

Donna Lange the Musician, the Sailor
Old 07-15-2007
Banned

eryka is on a distinguished road
Hi Emily,
Can't help you in Ohio, but PM me if you're ever in the Chesapeake. That is, if you'd be willing to trade sea-stories with Navy sailing coach hubby
Old 07-15-2007

mark price is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilymarie1024
Ahhhh...this is true.
Great pubs too.
Hi,i know nothing about sailing. but i do know,that there are not any Good Pubs in the US of A..........! they are all in the UK....sorry thats just way it is...LOL
Old 07-15-2007

cruisingdream is on a distinguished road
West end of Lake Erie?

West Shore Sail Club Home Port