SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

First Timers Ocean Crossing Check List

17K views 108 replies 39 participants last post by  bellefonte 
#1 ·
If you have ambitions to cross oceans as crew, for the first time, a list of hints and ideas has been developed over the past couple of years...and sent to over 300 readers. My experiences have been added to by many suggestions from members of this message board. Its now 4 pages long and too big to fit on the board. However, if interested, send me an e-mail(Ramsay64@aol.com) with your e-mail address. It may appear on a future web-site, I hope! Cheers, Richard.

#7 ·
thanks richard,i liked in particular the ski goggles suggestion for heavy rain,

that solves the problem of the inappropriate use of wet sunglasses on a cloudy rainy day & fooging up causing zero visibilty,ill throw a old pair of the orange lens ones on the boat to test it!

#11 ·
Ebbtide (and others): I''ve sent this list (almost 4 pages now) to over 200 readers but I need your e-mail address to do so. this site just doesn''t have the room. I promise no further communication, spam or b.s...just the list. FYI, its an ongoing compliation of my experiences as well as others who have contributed over the past 2 years. Cheers, Richard.

#18 ·
Richard,
Sorry about the lack of an email address, I thought it would automatically show in the reply. I went out to Seattle for some sailing this past week so I haven''t been on the net.
I appreciate your efforts in sending it out, judging from the replies this alone keeps you a bit busy!
Thanks, Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.