SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Crew Wanted/Available (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/)
-   -   First Timers Ocean Crossing Check List (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/3539-first-timers-ocean-crossing-check-list.html)

Viceroy 03-11-2002 09:02 AM

First Timers Ocean Crossing Check List

If you have ambitions to cross oceans as crew, for the first time, a list of hints and ideas has been developed over the past couple of years...and sent to over 300 readers. My experiences have been added to by many suggestions from members of this message board. Its now 4 pages long and too big to fit on the board. However, if interested, send me an e-mail(Ramsay64@aol.com) with your e-mail address. It may appear on a future web-site, I hope! Cheers, Richard.

radnai 08-25-2002 07:53 AM

Hi Viceroy,

I am interested in. I have great ambitions to cross oceans as crew. How could I check out your postings?

I am looking forward to hear You.

Radnai, Csaba

rtlpecs@zolcertv.hu

Viceroy 08-26-2002 06:47 AM

Avast...I have sent you the e-mail (3 pages). If it doesn''t arrive or if you have questions, send e-m direct to Ramsay64@aol.com
Cheers, Richard.

Viceroy 08-27-2002 06:42 AM

Berndt: your request for the list has been sent to the e-mail address you provided. Cheers, Richard.

bullseye 08-27-2002 10:41 PM

viceroy,

i would be very interested to read the checklist too,could you please send it too

anzacforce@yahoo.com

cheers

Viceroy 08-28-2002 08:48 AM

List is on its way, "anzac". Cheers, Richard.

bullseye 08-29-2002 12:58 AM

thanks richard,i liked in particular the ski goggles suggestion for heavy rain,

that solves the problem of the inappropriate use of wet sunglasses on a cloudy rainy day & fooging up causing zero visibilty,ill throw a old pair of the orange lens ones on the boat to test it!

CaptainNeil 08-30-2002 07:01 AM

If you want to blue water cruise check out my web page at www.geocities.com/svsouthernmagic

Capt Neil
svsouthernmagic@hotmail.com

CaptainNeil 08-30-2002 07:01 AM

If you want to blue water cruise check out my web page at www.geocities.com/svsouthernmagic

Capt Neil
svsouthernmagic@hotmail.com

ebbtide2010 09-10-2002 05:22 PM

Hi Viceroy,
I definitely have ambitions to do some serious crewing! Would you please email me a copy of your checklist so I least I can trip over my own feet with some sort of style and grace! Thanks, Ebbtide