SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Crew in/near Costa Rica

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  ErnieBinz 
#1 ·
I have recently relocated to CR, my boat is still in the US and will be until next winter when I bring her down.
I am looking for crew opportunites based in Costa Rica, Panama or elsewhere in Central America.
I learned to sail in Singapore so I have some ocean experience but for the past 6 years I have been a brown water sailor. Non smoker, light drinker who likes to contribute. Not tolerant of babble or rude behavior. Some experience with diesel maint., reasonable cook, very limited Spanish.
I have access to either coast and need about one weeks notice to square things away if I am going to be gone for more than a few days.

#2 ·
davidbaer
I am looking for another sailor to join me on a cruise from El Salvador to Mexico. The boat is a Cal 2-46 sloop rigged sailboat. You will be responsible for costs of getting to and from the boat and your personal expenses. We generally share food costs so plan on $10-15/day. I plan to leave shortly after thanksgiving and end the cruise in either Acapulco or Ixtapa, Mexico before the 17th of December. If you are interested I will send you a questionaire to respond to. Ernie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.