Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2007

captkris has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Crew need NY - St. Thomas

Need crew from NY to US Virgin Island via Bermuda. Shared expensys, leaving no later then November 15 on 46 feet yawl. Some expirience helpfull.
Need at list 3 crew and we will sail south. :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 10-16-2007

JohnMaguire is on a distinguished road
I'm interested : NY to St. Thomas

Hello, I am interested in your trip. I have about 7000 miles in South Africa, around Trinidad/Tobago, and sailed Honolulu to Noumea last spring. I am 33yrs old and easy to get along with. I have a letter of recomendation from the last Captain I crewed for and could forward over to you.
Old 10-16-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
If this is the same Captkris that posted earlier this year for crew, I would reccomend all interested parties to review the following thread before making the determination to sail.

Captkris, if I am incorrect, please let me know. He posted earlier this year for a trip and there appeared to be considerable issues which any crew member should consider:

Atlantic Journey Hell

- CD

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 10-16-2007

sailhog has a spectacular aura about sailhog has a spectacular aura about
Holy smokes! Gotta take your hat off to Captkris. I have a ton of yard work to do. I DO NOT want to pay someone else to do it, and there's NO WAY I'm doing it myself... But now I know how I'm going to get it done... Thanks CaptKris!
Old 10-19-2007

captkris has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Well, yes it is the same captkris.
Thank you for informing me about such a thread. Just minutes ago I learned about it. Ufff, I should say - hard to read.
Anyway, it is too late to respond to it with all the facts that really count. As always there is another side of the medallion. Kacper as a new member of the sailing community was very enthusiastic and he truly wanted to sail Transatlantic. Today I have feeling that he expected on the sailboat room similar to Holliday Inn with bathroom and all the service. He is right that vessel was not prepared for the trip at the time he arrived. We were late with all the work about one month due to the NY cold weather in April. Our idea of sailing across was crazy to begin with, however you know how it is we made the decision and we make it to sailing. Out there are many boats that are ready to sail and very nice boats. Most of the real time sailing boats are kind of old or simply used and do need constant repairs. My crew was informed about this situation in mid April and I did not want anyone to fly in before I will be ready, as I knew then that we will be very short on time. My original date of sailing was May 15-th with high chance to postpone it not later then May 21-th.
I know my boat as the owner for 20 years and I made high number of miles on her and tons of repairs - as it is a part of sailing. She was and still is very seaworthy. General appearance of any boat during any shipyard work is kind of messy. To some, cosmetically it looks like the boat will never leave the boatyard. There was only teak work on the boat not painting the boat (?). Kacper and two other crew members (all freshmen) the facto did help with replacing the engine a lot. By personal choice Kacper was on board for 10 days and the other crew members for a week. I am truly thankful to them; however I did not ask them to help me with replacing the engine. They insisted to help me and I am really glad they did.
They were doing great job which I would not be able to do without them. Thank you all.
Now! The vessel was ready to sail on May 21, just the "real good crew" under the influence of the two "strangers" who joined us last minute and made a total stress for everyone, decided to leave home on May 20 as they lost believe that we will sail as I said. It was hard for me to acknowledge it, as I knew we can do this trip.
Generally that’s all, and I may understand Kacper’s frustration (note: he wrote it on May 22 and since then we friendly spoke several times) as the trip was for him and others the trip of the life time and this tread was his reaction on the lost trip. It was not easy on me as well. It did not work out and perhaps it was meant that way. Just some of the crew does not believe that impassible is possible.
Since then vessel is fully functional and ready to sail, new engine is fantastic and anyone is welcome to inspect it and sail before going with us on the ocean.
Well, there is some work to be done :-) . We need to wash the underwater part of the boat and we need to reset all the stays for ocean cruising as well as get all the necessary food! Sorry, can not sail without it having done.
:-)
I always say: there is nothing bad happening that could not serve for the good. We will all always learn and perhaps it should be also a lesson for the boat owners.
Fair winds to all and I will sail south regardless.
captkris

Last edited by captkris; 10-19-2007 at 02:33 AM.
Old 10-19-2007

It warms my heart to hear a vampire confess.
Old 10-19-2007
Coastal Cruiser

Bill Mc is on a distinguished road
Hey,

I want to work for FREE with the possibility of an authentic mid ocean disaster/drowning. Where do I sign up ??? and could you throw in a little verbal abuse once we get underway?? Aww shucks MaMa's calling, I guess I'll have to wait for the movie... Bon Voyage

Fair Winds,

Bill
Old 10-19-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Captkris....I'm with you man....

When I invited 2 sailneters to sail with me, two suckers (er nice men) showed up..Valiente and TommyT....I made them work as my boat was in the dry also....I slaved them....besides their return was only 4 days from then...so they had to work for food...I did not do any sexual assault, altough TommyT looked cute in diapers... (G)

I fed them though....but man did I make them work...and sweat...Valienete fixed my craper and Tom my Autopilot

One night after we sailed all day, we spent the night in Sines....did they go to sleep.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I made them bastards work while I installed my wife's spreader lights....

You rule, man.....Kacper is gone anyway....he found a new hobby....home improvement...

By the way...when we left Sines....I went back to sleep and forced valiente to sail on his own while I slept the wine from the previous night.....

Man we're twin souls....

Here I pretend I like and am friends with Tommyt

Here I make Valiente work for me while I sleep

exhausted, TommyT sucumbs and lies on deck

Look how pissed off Valiente looks

I fed the sub-human food..they loved the tree roots and dog food cans with French wine...

PUSH you lazy American...what do you think this is???

Shut up and steer...

At night, I made them work for me....

Finally, my "superior" looks...the face of an American Abuser...

**** they're ugly.-....

Last edited by Giulietta; 10-19-2007 at 10:51 AM.
Old 10-19-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by captkris View Post
Kacper as a new member of the sailing community was very enthusiastic and he truly wanted to sail Transatlantic. Today I have feeling that he expected on the sailboat room similar to Holliday Inn with bathroom and all the service. He is right that vessel was not prepared for the trip at the time he arrived.
Alex,
Were Valiente and Tommy expecting your sailboat to like a Holiday Inn with a bathroom and all the services?
Old 10-19-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailhog View Post
Alex,
Were Valiente and Tommy expecting your sailboat to like a Holiday Inn with a bathroom and all the services?
Yes...off course...bastards....

But worse...they were expecting to sail I fooled them good...we motored all the way...

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.