Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2007

kptmorgan04 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to kptmorgan04
FL to Bahamas & Back: Looking for Crew

Hi,
I am looking for a potential crew member aboard my 36ft Ketch, departing West Palm Beach around Jan 7th for the Bahamas. We will either head back to the States late March or in April. I plan on going through the Abacos and the Exumas, beyond that is where the wind wants to take us. I buy most of the groceries / beverages and all boat expenses. You will need to get to/from boat.
I am looking for a male under 30ish. Experience isn’t a must, but willing to learn and help out is. Obviously someone who is trustworthy and no drugs aboard. We are a fun and young boat and like to keep things relaxed… we are cruising ! We will be on the hook the majority of the time, spending the days snorkeling, fishing etc. The current crew currently consists of myself, a 26male, a 21m and a 28m (just for Feb).

There are a lot more details, so if you are interested let me know and send a description about yourself. There are links to pictures of the boat and her crew in my signature.
Cheers!
Old 10-28-2007

austinj426 is on a distinguished road
Hello kptmorgan,

My name is Austin Jester. I am sure that it is nearly impossible to judge if someone is worthy of being a member of your crew just through a brief description of who they are and what they have to offer. I'm sure that a lot of people are ready to give false information in hopes that they can land a spot on a trip that they have always dreamed of. I however want to be honest with you, because I want to make sure that you feel I would be someone that you could stand for the couple month voyage. I currently live in Grand Rapids, Mi. I am 19 years old and am taking a break from school rite now to see what it is that I truly feel like I should be doing with my life. I am a very hard working dependable person . Throughout High School I was involved with many different organizations. My main focus was hockey. I played all four years on the Varsity team, was captain of it for two years and was awarded all conference two years in a row. I also received a character award from the volunteer work that I did during High School. I am in great physical shape and am willing and capable of handling most duties that are sent my way.
I would love to know more about the trip, what your looking for and such. I hope that the information I provided was helpful and I know that there is more that you will want to know. I hope to hear back from you soon.

Sincerely,

Austin Jester
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook