Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2007

TJC1010101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Isla Mujeres Mex. to Panama

Looking for 2 crewmembers Male or Female..EXPERIENCED ONLY...on a 40 ft Creekmore cutter..vessel is very fast and sturdy particulary when conditions get heavy...Plenty of room..all on board ammenities...new Yanmar engine

I'm not looking for charterboat captains or tall rig experts..but crewmembers with experience sailing on a sailboat of THIS nature..BELIEVE ME...captain is well experienced..Hard workers..willing to learn don't cut it. Wieners or crybabies.. guitar players..divemasters..or those who constantly compare things with the Fantastic 54' that they spent 3 hrs on..doesn't cut it...just the ability to willingly take a simple order..in the recognition.."One Mind Only"..right or wrong.."I'm simply looking for humble sailors"..who like and enjoy the environment.

Must know what it's like when things blow up..Puke in the sink..water on the charts..pissing in a Folger's can..and tie yourself in your bunk... captain and crewmembers..smelling and unwashed...If you can identify...you're EXPERIENCED..That it's not all cocktail wienies or BBQ fresh caught on the stern LOL..A good sail is when no-one is or bruised and nothing breaks.."The exileration of a job well done..and another hard or easy sail knotched in your belt of experience.

Vessel and captain are currently in Marina at Isla Mujeres...across from Cancun by ferry...Waiting for crew.

Course is a 153...about 800 miles...6 days or less...wind is expected out of the NE..so it should be a reasonably comfortable reach..stand watch 4 on and 8 off.

Would be nice to throw in a few bucks for food.
Stay on across the Pacific if you like..

Captain is easy going..If the above is a bit overbearing or graphic it's meant to be..too many of the wrong people for the wrong reasons..show up...and basically find it was not what they expected..WHY?..Because they are IN-EXPERIENCED...That's the bottom line.

Why 2 sailors?... watches..4 on and 8 off should work.

Last edited by TJC1010101; 11-09-2007 at 11:59 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 11-09-2007
Señor Member

TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Puke in the sink..water on the charts..pissing in a Folger's can..and tie yourself in your bunk... captain and crewmembers..smelling and unwashed.
Reads like a scene from SAW. Sign me up captain . . . NOT!
Old 11-09-2007
Aquaholic

AjariBonten is on a distinguished road
OMG, this is the oil change guy?

Oil change Problem

Your original post in this thread does not jibe with having trouble figuring out how to get the oil out of your new engine!

No offense meant; but WTF?
I Love Her Well, And She Must Love Me
But I think It's Only For My Money
..... Gordon Bok
Old 11-09-2007

rwcat is on a distinguished road
I've got plenty of blue-water experience, and enough to know that if you are competent and have a half ass together vessel, you don't need to have the "experiences" you seem to require. I would assume that anyone who has the experiences of sailing on a vessel of the nature that you describe, they sure as hell would not be looking to repeat them. RW
Old 11-09-2007

sailor37 is on a distinguished road
Sounds like Captain Know-it-all. Wants experienced crew, to take orders right or wrong. My worst nightmare is to be on a boat with a guy like this.
Old 11-09-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
He wants experienced crew, to pay their airfare there... and back... and to pay for their food... and he has that kind of attitude... and he doesn't even know how to change the oil in his engine... LOL... you're kidding, right??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 11-09-2007

teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about
Hey Giu, want to go? I'm sure he'd love to have you.
Old 11-10-2007

Prepare2ReefMizzenShrouds is on a distinguished road
He is not looking very good on the 7Knots forum.

www(dot)7knots(dot)com/cgi-bin/list_forum.pl?board=Cruising_Liveaboard;view=439
Old 11-10-2007
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
After reading this thread, I think I have made a right decision to sail with Captkris. At least he is a humble and well-seasoned sailor with no attitude. Most of all, he loves to share his passion and teach to those who want to learn the art of sailing.

Good luck TJC, I hope you will find what you are looking for, different stroke for different folks. It sounds like a wonderful trip. If it were Captkris, I would have joined in a heartbeat and paying my share of food and diesel.

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
Old 11-10-2007
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prepare2ReefMizzenShrouds View Post
He is not looking very good on the 7Knots forum.

www(dot)7knots(dot)com/cgi-bin/list_forum.pl?board=Cruising_Liveaboard;view=439
Whoa, this is getting juicy. Thanks P2RMS, whoever you are. You must be a regular here. It is not very hard to make a guess who you are hehehe

Peace!!!

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.