Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2007
I'd rather be sailing

labatt will become famous soon enough
Looks honest, and you have to respect that. I have a problem with the no alcohol though - that, and the fact that I have a.. well, I'm not a woman. Maybe my wife wants to join him?
s/v "Pelican" Passport 40 #076- Finished Cruising - for the moment -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Don't dream your life, live your dream" - Bob Bitchin'
"I'll see it when I believe it" - Me
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-14-2007
Broad Reachin'

kwaltersmi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJC1010101 View Post
...ordinary seaman
I'm quite certain there's nothing ordinary about that "seaman". I'm guessing it's of the the most potent variety, judging by all the sexual inuendos in the post.

Just read for yourself:

"I'm looking for some experience..someone who realizes at times it gets rough and it is necessary just to GRIND IT OUT"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-14-2007
Da Most Educated Red Neck

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
After reading this post, I have come to the conclusion, TJC is not here looking for a female crew. He is looking for attention, just another troll floating on the net. For a 65 yo man, this is sad.

Fine Print:
I read, I think, and I act independently; I don't come here to win a popular contest on Sailnet, nor I am here for hookup. I come here to learn, be challenged and be inspired in the art of sailing the big Ponds. I am NOT afraid of drowning in the sea, but I am afraid of dying in a nursing home and burdening those who I love.
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
Old 11-14-2007

TJC1010101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah..I think the comments are funny...They make no sense at all...Just before I checked back before leaving for Cancun...I walked to the marina common area...There was a boat from Houston who pulled in after a six day sail..I was interested to find out what their secret was in keeping crew harmony..there were six aboard..Where did they all hibernate below ?..God only knows.?.I was curious to find out.."Seemed like a happy lot"..They partyied to the wee hours last night..Kept me awake..almost joined in though

Franz, the Captain, was walking back..the 2 girls..Heather and Kirstan were getting off along with this thirty something German Guy..The Captain's sister and brother in law were staying aboard..for the next leg of their voyage.

Heather, who would make a bikini cry, WOW..told me the Captain's an *******...after talking with her 5 minutes..she sounded the same as most of you all... CLUELESS.."She did however have obvious charm"...LOL...Kirstan looked like she was betwen semesters..studying whatever, wherever..nice girl. The young man nice type..and adventurer but not a sailor.."He told me he'd continue with a land route to wherever..Confirming my aforementioned remarks..

Being and finding good disciplined crew is not that easy.. It would appear, I need...LOL... to put up with the Sail net...shore side peanut gallery and their..demeaning personal comments..but that's ok..."Part of the price in getting where you are going"

Nevertheless, I don't think you distinguish yourself well with some of the disguisting comments however...I think it reflects much more on you. and your character...than it does on me..

I'm beginning to feel sorry for some of you in your shallow frustrated lives..as sailor wannabees...Didn't think it is psychologically THAT important..You have been brain washed by the sailing media..

The worst type of sailor wannabee, in my humble opinion, is a middle management professional with no military service experience..They just don't know how to keep their mouth's shut..and just follow an order.."It can be a very hostile environment out there...I've seen men die...cut in half by cables for being stupid..There is no relationship between the job you did on land, and being a seaman..They are world's apart...lived and thrived in both..

After I got my graduate degree in Europe...I became a professional seaman...Thank God I was still young enough to be "teachable"..starting out as a humble ordinary seaman...There is more to sailing than pulling ropes..Most of you are too old and too ugly..in your fantasy of the fantastic... judging by the tenor of your comments..

Teeing off on you guys is getting to be fun..Just another contact sport...waiting for crew..

Of course I wouldn't be doing this if you just kept your mouth shut..None of you, it would appear have the qualifications I seek ..So the question is this..Why are you mouthing off?

My solicitation is simple, honest and to the point..very disturbing to think that so many might be so mentally ill.

Good Sailing ?...Lord only knows

P.S. The term "grinding it out" was used in previous posting..to sum up "..holding on in bad weather"..and coming out the other side as a better sailor..of course your mind only sees what it want's to see...pathetic characters indeed..

Last edited by TJC1010101; 11-14-2007 at 03:09 PM.
Old 11-14-2007

teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about
Are you sure Heather didn't get off your boat?
Old 11-14-2007
Aquaholic

AjariBonten is on a distinguished road
Why do we keep feeding nickels into the attention whore? Oops, I did it again! Who said it? Stop saying it!!! OH NOW I SAID IT!!!!!

Oh sorry, wrong thread .....
I Love Her Well, And She Must Love Me
But I think It's Only For My Money
..... Gordon Bok
Old 11-14-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
I reccomend any females considering taking on a trip with this captain should do references. Here is a link to one of his threads: Isla Mujeres Mex. to Panama

You can make your own decisions, but references should be done any time you are going to put your life at stake (with this Captain, or any captain) - especially if you are a female.

- CD

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 11-14-2007

TJC1010101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah..I think the comments are funny...They make no sense at all...Just before I checked back before leaving for Cancun...I walked to the marina common area...There was a boat from Houston who pulled in after a six day sail..I was interested to find out what their secret was in keeping crew harmony..there were six aboard..Where did they all hibernate below ?..God only knows.?.I was curious to find out.."Seemed like a happy lot"..They partyied to the wee hours last night..Kept me awake..almost joined in though

Franz, the Captain, was walking back..the 2 girls..Heather and Kirstan were getting off along with this thirty something German Guy..The Captain's sister and brother in law were staying aboard..for the next leg of their voyage.

Heather, who would make a bikini cry, WOW..told me the Captain's an *******...after talking with her 5 minutes..she sounded the same as most of you all... CLUELESS.."She did however have obvious charm"...LOL...Kirstan looked like she was betwen semesters..studying whatever, wherever..nice girl. The young man nice type..and adventurer but not a sailor.."He told me he'd continue with a land route to wherever..Confirming my aforementioned remarks..

Being and finding good disciplined crew is not that easy.. It would appear, I need...LOL... to put up with the Sail net...shore side peanut gallery and their..demeaning personal comments..but that's ok..."Part of the price in getting where you are going"

Nevertheless, I don't think you distinguish yourself well with some of the disguisting comments however...I think it reflects much more on you. and your character...than it does on me..

I'm beginning to feel sorry for some of you in your shallow frustrated lives..as sailor wannabees...Didn't think it is psychologically THAT important..You have been brain washed by the sailing media..

The worst type of sailor wannabee, in my humble opinion, is a middle management professional with no military service experience..They just don't know how to keep their mouth's shut..and just follow an order.."It can be a very hostile environment out there...I've seen men die...cut in half by cables for being stupid..There is no relationship between the job you did on land, and being a seaman..They are world's apart...lived and thrived in both..

After I got my graduate degree in Europe...I became a professional seaman...Thank God I was still young enough to be "teachable"..starting out as a humble ordinary seaman...There is more to sailing than pulling ropes..Most of you are too old and too ugly..in your fantasy of the fantastic... judging by the tenor of your comments..

Teeing off on you guys is getting to be fun..Just another contact sport...waiting for crew..

Of course I wouldn't be doing this if you just kept your mouth shut..None of you, it would appear have the qualifications I seek ..So the question is this..Why are you mouthing off?

My solicitation is simple, honest and to the point..very disturbing to think that so many might be so mentally ill.

Good Sailing ?...Lord only knows

PS..The Term "Grinding it out" was used to tastefully describe getting through rough conditions and coming out the other side as a better sailor..no sexual conitation intended.."confirming of course your sick mind"
Old 11-14-2007
Da Most Educated Red Neck

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
Good call, CD.

Thanks to P2RMS for this link too.
http://www.7knots.com/cgi-bin/list_f...board;view=439

Fine Print:
I read, I think, and I act independently; I don't come here to win a popular contest on Sailnet, nor I am here for hookup. I come here to learn, be challenged and be inspired in the art of sailing the big Ponds. I am NOT afraid of drowning in the sea, but I am afraid of dying in a nursing home and burdening those who I love.
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
Old 11-14-2007
On the hard

CharlieCobra has a spectacular aura about CharlieCobra has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJC1010101 View Post

Son, you're way too full of yourself and have NO CLUE who's reading and replying to your drivel. Have a nice life....