Available as Crew or Skipper off Florida and adjacent Caribbean - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2007
al

blackfishal is on a distinguished road
Available as Crew or Skipper off Florida and adjacent Caribbean

I am looking to share adventure and comradeship most anywhere in the Florida/Caribbean area, from January to April/08.

I have extensive sailing and navigation experience (including trips to the Caribbean from Canada and along the coasts of Australia) in my boat and sharing with others. In the summers I use my Beneteau 351 for sail training in the Canadian Gulf Islands (I am a CYA cruising sail Instructor).

During the summer season I operate sail and kayak adventure tours around Vancouver Island, Canada. In the 90's I operated an adventure tour operation in Belize - which featured sailing (and diving) along the Reef from Belize City to Placentia).

I am in excellent condition for my 65 years (6' and 175#),. I am told have a great sense of humour, a good story-teller (I am curtailng my story telling for now). I also play a good game of chess. And yes, for a bit of trivia, I built and operated a 47 foot cedar strip sailing canoe for many years - probably the largest of its kind.

Cheers

Al Lubkowski

Last edited by blackfishal; 11-15-2007 at 04:19 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-28-2007

kstover is on a distinguished road
Need a skipper/teacher

Al, I'll be buying a mid sized (about 38') catamaran in Feb 08, it will most likely be purchased in Florida. I don't know a damn thing about sailing and will need someone to skipper the boat while they teach me how to sail. I'd like to visit the Bahamas and maybe the BVI area, but I'm also open for suggestions. Late Feb to April would be perfect timing for me.
I'm 50 years old, in good shape and have just retired.
Please let me know if your interested.
Thanx Keith
Old 12-28-2007
al

blackfishal is on a distinguished road
Hi Keith,
Good to hear from you. Great to be retired at 50, and even greater to retire in the "south seas".
I am interested in assisting you on your venture. Timing appears good: I have booked a flight to Florida Jan 7 , returning the 17th, then flying immediately to Thailand for 4 weeks (returning Feb 16th). So that means I could be available from the 18th to the end of March. Who else might be going with you, and have you got a lead on a boat yet?

cheers,

Al Lubkowski