Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2008

finderyacht is on a distinguished road
Delivery Crew

I have completed the East coast US trip four times, both inside and out.. Most recently completed Nov 2007 and solo from NY to Florida. USCG 100 Ton and in excess 100K at sea. Zero pharmaceutical or drink issues and can provide references. My personal boat, a 2 year old Beneteau will close by May 1 and I'll return to CA to be with family. Please contact me directly to discuss month of April delivery.
Thanks
Tom
925 895 3660
Old 03-04-2008

Andy125 is on a distinguished road
Hi brak. I'm 24 years old with 24 years of sailing experience (though i admit I can't really count the first few years!). I will have my USCG 100 Ton Master license after I sit for the sail endorsement test on March 27. I passed the Sea School classes this past fall. For the past two years I've been crewing aboard the schooner Woodwind in Annapolis, and living aboard my Dad's Wauquiez 38, sailing singlehanded regularly. I've skippered bareboats in New Zealand and Australia with friends, and will be heading to St. Martin this summer to skipper a 50-foot catamaran for Broadreach (check them out at gobroadreach dot com). I'm highly qualified.

I'd like to get my foot in the door in the delivery business, and think this would be a good opportunity for me, and a cheap, qualified captain for you. I could easily wrangle up at least one other crewmember. I have actually transited the ICW when I was nine on the way to the Bahamas aboard my Dad's 36' Allied Princess. I'll do it for $150 a day plus expenses, and could probably be down to the boat by April 12/13. Let me know if you're interested and I can send my official resume.

Cheers,

Andy
Old 03-04-2008

statues is on a distinguished road
Moving your 35'

Quote:
Originally Posted by brak View Post
I am looking for someone to deliver my (well equipped 35ft center cockpit) sailboat from Southport, NC to Solomons, MD. Timeframe is pretty flexible, but sometime during April would be best. Budget is limited - I can pay $100-$150 a day (assuming 7-8 days) plus provisions, fuel, and reasonable transportation expenses.

I am probably not going to be available for the ride, so bring your own crew.
Reply with experience and/or references.

P.S. Sure hope this will be a better experience than my last disaster of a crew search here
My wife and I sailed our 30 ' Westerly from Beaufort N.C to the Keys and the Gulf on two separate occasions without mishap. I've sailed outside from Cape Cod to N.C. and frankly a crew of four is not to many when weather is about...and I wouldn't go outside with less...a crew of two is great for the waterway.
Since my wife ( a retired nurse) and myself (a retired business owner) are retired and without a sail at the present time.... we could move your boat about the middle of April and using the waterway from South port to Norfolk and then on to the Solomons would be about a 5 day trip (God willing and the creek doesn't rise) $100 a day and expenses would be more than fair.. I would like to know much more about your sail before committing to the charter....draft, how well maintained, when the last time it was sailed, condition , size of motor., anchors, electronics, etc.and most important do you require a licensed captain...Its a win-win for us...we've done the trip twice, going as far North as Deltaville , Va.on the Chesapeake...(the Solomons is the next stop down the line) To bad you can't make the trip..The Dismal Swamp with locks is a great experience...and the entire trip is a fond memory for us...if you would like to discuss this more, please contact me via e-mail to start and then we can converse via phone... Ralph & Jan ...statues@zoominternet.net...
Old 03-18-2008

girllasersailor is on a distinguished road
I am interested. Call though- 302-465- 2563 in DE
Old 03-21-2008

Captmdsmith is on a distinguished road
Delivery Captain here

Quote:
I am looking for someone to deliver my (well equipped 35ft center cockpit) sailboat from Southport, NC to Solomons, MD. Timeframe is pretty flexible, but sometime during April would be best. Budget is limited - I can pay $100-$150 a day (assuming 7-8 days) plus provisions, fuel, and reasonable transportation expenses.

I am probably not going to be available for the ride, so bring your own crew.
Reply with experience and/or references.

P.S. Sure hope this will be a better experience than my last disaster of a crew search here
I am not sure what kind of Capt you are looking for here. does he/she need to have any experience? doesn't sound like it.... I am a 100T Capt and I deliver boats "worldwide" for a living my fees are $300 per day and my crew gets $125, now I do usually run 24/7 and for break downs weather issues I only charge 1/2 rate per day and for this I get a big $12.50 per hour NOT bad for all the years of Sail experience and the expense of licensing and the Responsibility that is put upon me when I deliver a boat weather across the state or to S. America or Europe, Maybe I could go and get a job at the Grocery store as a checker and make MORE money and be home each night with no worries other than what to watch on TV each night. I would suggest you look at paying a capt a decent amount and you will get your boat moved safely.
Capt Mark
Old 03-21-2008
Learning the HARD way...

eherlihy will become famous soon enough
Interesting re-reading this thread. The first 20 posts were essentially saying; "no way for what you're offering," and the next 30 were offers!

brak - PLEASE tell us; 1. if you got someone to move your boat, 2. if you paid more, or less (my guess) than the original $100-150/day.

Ed
Old 03-21-2008

sachemgfp is on a distinguished road
Brak
Having offered y services I would like to know whether you found soeone.
Old 03-22-2008

Captmdsmith is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy125 View Post
Hi brak. I'm 24 years old with 24 years of sailing experience (though i admit I can't really count the first few years!). I will have my USCG 100 Ton Master license after I sit for the sail endorsement test on March 27. I passed the Sea School classes this past fall. For the past two years I've been crewing aboard the schooner Woodwind in Annapolis, and living aboard my Dad's Wauquiez 38, sailing singlehanded regularly. I've skippered bareboats in New Zealand and Australia with friends, and will be heading to St. Martin this summer to skipper a 50-foot catamaran for Broadreach (check them out at gobroadreach dot com). I'm highly qualified.

I'd like to get my foot in the door in the delivery business, and think this would be a good opportunity for me, and a cheap, qualified captain for you. I could easily wrangle up at least one other crewmember. I have actually transited the ICW when I was nine on the way to the Bahamas aboard my Dad's 36' Allied Princess. I'll do it for $150 a day plus expenses, and could probably be down to the boat by April 12/13. Let me know if you're interested and I can send my official resume.

Cheers,

Andy
My Dear Andy. well so far you just cut your own throat as far as trying to get into the Delivery business, don't under cut the rest of us that are doing this for a living. You will never get any referrals from the good captains that need help. and if that's all you are willing to work for, well I think Bag boys make more than that per hour with NO responsibility. if you start out with these rates you better find a very good Steady job so you can eat.
Old 03-22-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
sachem—

It might help if you actually read the damn thread. Brak replied back in post #50.

Quote:
I contacted all those who offered their help by private messages. I have someone tentatively ready to deliver my boat. If this does not work for whatever reason - I will privately get back to anyone that may be interested.

Thank you all for your offers and advice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachemgfp View Post
Brak
Having offered y services I would like to know whether you found soeone.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.

Last edited by sailingdog; 03-22-2008 at 08:46 AM.
Old 04-02-2008

holaalo is on a distinguished road
brak, interested, experienced, available, email me an address or phone number to reach you. captron04565"yahoo.com
Closed Thread