I wanna learn how to sail ! Would you teach me and take me on your sailboats ? - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2008

Jolyana is on a distinguished road
I wanna learn how to sail ! Would you teach me and take me on your sailboats ?

Hello!
my name is Jolyana,
Iam a 20 years old French Canadian. I live in British-Columbia. I would love to learn how to sail ! I would love to meet someone who would love to teach me his/her skill..iam adventurous ! Well, iam only 20 years old but iam mature...I travelled a lot and did a lot for my age. If you wants to take me on your sail boat and teach me in your own way how to sail please contact me : 1- 604 - 452 - 0093 // rootzionne@hotmail.com

Iam fluent english/french !

Merci ! Regards,
Jolyana
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 03-04-2008
Semper Gumby

GySgt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to GySgt
Good luck and welcome aboard. I would hide your email address like rootzionne at hotmail dot com to keep the spammers away, and not post a phone number untill you get to know someone and then in private message. Although 90% of the people on this board are outstanding people, you always have a perv lurking. I would give the same advice either male or female...just my 2 cents worth.
Old 03-04-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Jolyana-

I would highly recommend you be a bit cautious about giving out your phone number and would recommend you remove it from your post. I'd also recommend you edit your e-mail address to be rootzionne [at] hotmail dot com or something to that effect, so that the spammer webcrawlers don't get it as easily. I'd agree that most of the people on this site are pretty good eggs...but there's always the possibility of a lurking perv or whacko, as Gysgt said.

Be aware that you won't be able to post links or write PMs until you've gotten 10 posts on the forum.

I would also recommend you read this post to get the most out of your time on sailnet.

If you're really interested in learning to sail, I would highly recommend you pick up Dave Seidman's book, The Complete Sailor, and read it. It's a pretty well written book with good illustrations that covers a wide group of sailing subjects. I'd also recommend you find a local sailing club to join.

Taking a basic learn to sail course would probably also be a good idea.

Welcome to sailnet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.

Last edited by sailingdog; 03-04-2008 at 08:18 PM.
Old 03-04-2008

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Jolyana, mi nombre és Manuel de la Polla Dura, and I am little man with mustacho from Chad.

I going to learn sail on boats, and then we can sail the world.

Right now I in Honduras prision because i did not know what was in bag that Jose give me to take to mother sick in Guatemala.

when I passed thru costumes de colombia I was abused by hombres policias.

I am in humid prison and only frined is sailnet amigos.

please post una fotografia de tu carita, for me because I have no familia and no amigos.

please call me at 1-571-331 3625

;Manuel
Old 03-04-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Jolyana-

Whatever you do... don't let Gui have a photo... he's a strange, strange man... a good sailor, but when he's stuck working for two or three weeks, he seems to go a bit loony...

Most of us, here on sailnet, tolerate him because of his lovely wife and the boat named for her... he's also got two kids, one of whom is a great sailor...and has taught Gui most of what he knows.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 03-04-2008
On the hard

CharlieCobra has a spectacular aura about CharlieCobra has a spectacular aura about
Jolyana, whereabouts in BC? I'm a bit South of you but if you get down around Anacortes WA, I'd be happy to take ya sailing. We've got some BC members on Sailnet as well.
Old 03-04-2008
Just another Moderator

Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about
Jolyana - if you're in the Lower Mainland area, we can probably help you out. We keep our boat at False Creek, and do go for weekend daysails on a regular basis.

Should you happen to be in the Whistler/Squamish area, recommend you go to the Squamish Yacht Club later this month (Sundays by 11 am) and you will be sure to get a ride on a local boat in a racing series.

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)

Last edited by Faster; 03-04-2008 at 10:10 PM.
Old 03-04-2008

rennisaint is on a distinguished road
Jolyana,

I am not from your part of the world, but I would suggest you go to your local yacht club and talk to sailors there. Ask if you can join a crew for races. Good Luck!
Old 03-05-2008

Andy125 is on a distinguished road
Come down to Annapolis and come sailing on the Woodwind! We'd love to have you, and maybe could even hire you as crew once you learn the ropes. Just google schooner woodwind.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.