SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Crew Wanted/Available (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/)
-   -   Looking for crew/companions for day sailing, Georgian Bay, On (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/41390-looking-crew-companions-day-sailing-georgian-bay.html)

nkisielewicz 03-16-2008 12:18 PM

Looking for crew/companions for day sailing, Southen Georgian Bay, On

I am looking for crew or companions for summer 2008. Weekdays, weekends daysailing. I have Catalina 25, Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada.

Penetanguishene

Wagalon 03-18-2008 10:40 AM

where on georgian bay?

I'm based in Muskoka, but sometimes make day trips to Parry Sound, Midland and Collingwood. I'd be interested in crewing if you sail in the southern bay. If you're in the North Channel, on the other hand, it probably won't work out.

Cheers.

nkisielewicz 03-18-2008 08:41 PM

Penetanguishene, Hindson Marine

ShelleyW2008 05-06-2008 10:35 AM

Interested - Sailing Georgian Bay

Not sure if my first note went through. I am interested. Can you give me more details. I have crewed and sailed down south. I am looking to get more experience. If you are interested let me know.

lharmon 05-11-2008 08:33 PM

If I head to Toronto this summer I'll send you a PM and maybe you can show me the virtues of a Catalina. My trips are sporadic. I have a client up that way and occassionally visit the area. The Georgian Bay would make the trip memorial.

nkisielewicz 05-19-2008 04:55 AM

Catalina 25

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShelleyW2008 (Post 310165)
Not sure if my first note went through. I am interested. Can you give me more details. I have crewed and sailed down south. I am looking to get more experience. If you are interested let me know.

I live in Mississauga and work as a teacher, so I have two months of holydays. My sailbout is in South Georgian. It takes me two hours to get there and sail, if I have someone to help me with ropes and sails.

nkisielewicz 05-19-2008 05:41 AM

II live in Mississauga and work as a teacher, so I have two months of holydays. My sailboat is in South Georgian Bay. It takes me two hours to get there and sail, if I have someone to help me with ropes and sails. Very often I sail by myself but it is a challenge and not safe. This year I will sail with my son, who lives in Poland and is going to visit me. Sometimes I sail with people who are not acquainted with sailing at all. If it is not raining and the whether is not too stormy, we just go there and sail. If this is a two- or three-day sailing, you have to take with you extra food, cloths, a book, and slipping bag. If you are going to sail for the first time, it will be one day trip and we will take someone else to make the sailing more secure. If you want, I can teach you how to sail. Unfortunately, there is no alcohol on a boat.