SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Crew wanted: East Med - Seychelles

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  SailNet Archive 
#1 ·
We are looking for crew holding European passports for a passage from the Eastern Mediterranean to the Seychelles via the Suez Canal. We intend to exit Bab el Mandeb at around the beginning of December 2008, so we expect to begin two or three weeks earlier. Yacht: 54 foot Jeanneau monohull sailing yacht, well-equipped, four years old. Crew: total of four, including skipper. All expenses on board will be covered by the yacht owners (food, fuel, marina expenses). Tickets to embarkation point (yet to be finalized) and from Seychelles back home to be covered by crew. The passage will be about four weeks' duration, but for such a long passage, flexibility regarding the return date is vital! This is essentially a delivery trip - we do not expect to be stopping along the way except for fuel, food etc. As such, it would suit crew with short passage experience who are seeking some more challenging sailing. Experience is essential! You will be expected to take night watches alone, and cope with heavy weather. Note that the passage from the Red Sea across the Indian Ocean is likely to be AT LEAST ten days away from any kind of access to a coast. We expect this to be a beautiful, interesting and challenging sail. Medical, technical, mechanical and culinary skills are welcome. If interested, please contact me here with details of sailing experience and personal details. Looking forward to it! Yonatan

#4 ·
Be aware that the OP won't be able to respond via PM until he has 10 posts. :)

And you guys should really post your e-mail addresses in non-machine readable form, unless you really like spam. :)

For example:

so-and-so [at] hotmail [dot] com

would be much safer than

so-and-so@hotmail.com

:D

#5 ·
We would like to join!

My name is Simone Pierotti, I'm a 27 years old Italian photojournalist, great
cook and sailor with mediterranean sailign experience. I would like to join with my girlfriend Cecilia, she is 30, medical doctor and great sailor.
for more info you can write to:
simonepierotti [at] gmail [dot] com

many thanks

Simone

#6 ·
Hi,

My name is Loic. Im a 20 yr old young man with a strong back. I only have sailing experience in the great lakes of the USA. I am an experienced cook versed in tex-mex and french cuisine and I'm fluent in french. I hold a US passport and was wondering if that would make me unavailable for the position.

I'm overall an easy going person with an amicable demeanor and an entusiastic aproach for learning.

#7 ·
Sorry for late reply - I was away. Though a US passport shouldn't be a problem, I think I need people with a little more experience - I am not sure how much time there will be for "teaching". However, I will bear you in mind, and if it seems possible I will get in touch. Send me an email: yonatanpreminger[at]yahoo[dot]co[dot]uk
Yonatan Preminger

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.