Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2008

artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice
Leukemia Cup Regatta, Seattle June 7th

Crew opportunity for those interested in participating in this years "Leukemia Cup Regatta" on June 7th. Experience not necessary, ability to have fun and do what it is asked (which will be have more fun). "Hello Gorgeous" will be participating in the Racing Class as she has a PHRF rating of 105 - playing in the cruiser class would just be cruel.

No maybe's (all interested crew members must be confirmed by May 29) - either you are committed to this or not. As I have to know exactly how many will be showing up, to ensure that I have the safety gear aboard as well as purchase the after party tickets etc. There is no donation fees required by the crew as I will be purchasing the after party tickets + two additional beverage tickets for each participating member on my crew, as well as making a reasonable donation to the cause to ensure everyone gets a t-shirt. Water, beverages and light snacks will be provided during the race.

Everyone who will be crewing on "Hello Gorgeous" must arrive BEFORE 10:30 AM - No exceptions. As soon as skipper meeting is over then we will be disembarking, covering safety and assigning positions. Official race start is 12 noon, which only gives a little less than an hour to get situated. I would like to get most people out on the water for training on June first (sunday) - but it will not be a requirement.

PM me if interested.

official link to event: Leukemia Cup Regatta and Poker Run

Leukemia Cup Regatta and Poker Run

Elliott Bay Marina
2601 West Marina Place
Seattle, WA
Date: June 7, 2008 - Saturday

Beginning Time:12:00 am Pacific
End Time: 4:00 pm

S/V "
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -
1983, Barberis Show 38! or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by artbyjody; 05-14-2008 at 03:03 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 05-12-2008

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
You realize, the only racing one has to do at this event, is finish before the time is up! IE if you have to have sails up and motor, that is legal! A couple of yrs ago, many were going around the course backwards with the spinnakers up for show, ala spectators on shore!

So just because you have a racer, does not mean you could not go in the cruising class! The real race is that night at the fundraising party, ala the drinks, bidding on items etc.......

Anyway, not sure what I am doing that day. I still have not figured out where your boat is, dispite sailing off of the D dock the last 3 mondays, tomorrow night and this weekend coming noods fri/sat/sunday!

Marty
Old 05-12-2008

artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by blt2ski View Post
You realize, the only racing one has to do at this event, is finish before the time is up! IE if you have to have sails up and motor, that is legal! A couple of yrs ago, many were going around the course backwards with the spinnakers up for show, ala spectators on shore!
Well considering that last year - when I got the Kevlar for my C-27, yes I know the rules. We did a DNF because the Apoise crew and I all agreed, sail it all the way or just go home. I'll intend to carry that tradition onward because motoring to me seems the cheap way out - and if already that badly off - may as well end it right

Quote:

So just because you have a racer, does not mean you could not go in the cruising class! The real race is that night at the fundraising party, ala the drinks, bidding on items etc.......
Nah - no cruising class, for learning perposes I'd rather be in the race class section...who knows maybe with dumb luck we'll place - which reminds me I have two weeks to figure out what 11 sails I have in my aft berth....

Quote:

Anyway, not sure what I am doing that day. I still have not figured out where your boat is, dispite sailing off of the D dock the last 3 mondays, tomorrow night and this weekend coming noods fri/sat/sunday!
I am on the N-pier or commonly referred to the mega yacht guest moorage. At the tip of the main waterway - there is a really nice 60+ blue Tayana (I think) right next to mine....Let me know I could use a spinnaker god

S/V "
" -

Old 05-13-2008

So are you out towards that BIG MV at the end of the eastern dock? I see that going in to D dock where I have been going in an out of. I'll be coming and going fri/sat/sun. I'll try to figure out the timing and see if you're there on the boat. Slow race tonight, less than 6knot winds, one time we were moving forward, 0 Knots on the knotmeter, all tide! yikes!

Marty
Old 05-14-2008

Marty: Yes would be down there. And yep, sometimes I think the immediate location there is just devoid of wind,as racing / cruising around the Seattle harbor gets interesting at times...I'll be up on the boat most all day Friday - may go cruising on Sat and depending on weather working on it Sunday...

S/V "
" -

Last edited by artbyjody; 05-14-2008 at 04:35 AM.
Old 05-14-2008

Depending upon what time I get down there friday morning or back from the shilshoal area where we are racing out of, I'll call to see where you are at when I am at/near the marina. The owner may keep the boat at shilshoal, but with over 200 expected boats there for the nood races, it might be quicker to sail out of his main slip, and motor over there ea day.

Marty
Old 05-14-2008

skyellab is on a distinguished road
Leukemia Cup

I am very interested in taking part as one of your crew. My son also can be part of it if needed. I would like to know more and you I am sure would like to know a little more about me. I am unable to PM as you need 10 posts and I am shy a few.

I have a Elliott Bay car sticker if that tells you a little.

Looking forward to a more private reply.
Old 05-14-2008

Make another post that says "8" then another that says "9" then "10, now I can PM you"

or you can do a how to email me like this

blt2ski at hotmail dot com, and Jody can get ahold of you.

marty
Old 05-14-2008

E mail filler to be a ble to post 1
Old 05-14-2008

Now for # 9 after 6 seconds

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.