Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2008

quiverb is on a distinguished road
San Juan Islands Charter needs you

We have reserved 34' Bavaria for a week between June 27 and July 4th. We are seeking additional members for this adventure. Trip would be ideal for couple with child or single parent with child. We are very open to ideas....
Thanks, Q
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-24-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
A 34' Bavaria is a bit of a small boat for more than a single couple IMHO.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 05-24-2008
Banned

seawitch1906 is on a distinguished road
34 bavaria with children ?

I assume you have children and you invite 2 more people with a child ?

in your past life did you done some terrible deed .. so now you out to suffer?
Old 05-24-2008

SA or SN

I appreciate helpful comments and shared knowledge. I thought you only get extra points for zings and sarcasm on sailing anarchy. Perhaps I am mistaken.
Old 05-25-2008

artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice
Mr. Peter,

You actually emailed me prior to posting the thread starting post and it was on a email address not registered through sailnet on friday (through by business email).

Considering I replied to such email (declining) and asked where you got the contact info to my other email addy (as I know no Peter Perkins) requesting for what is contained in the same post you made here, I beg to wonder if this is not a profit sharing deal.

You didn't win any kudos from me by not responding to my email (I inquired where you got my contact info as I do not know you) and within 24 hours of my reply to you, you do not answer the email but instead you are plastering this all over. I can imagine if you do not extend the courtesy of answering a question when you blindly solicit someone - that you might not be someone to cruise with anyways.

I agree with Sd as well, The B-34 is kinda small for a blanket cruise where you do not even state destinations, itinerary, etc or what the costs are you are expecting to have shared...

S/V "
" -
1983, Barberis Show 38! or

Last edited by artbyjody; 05-25-2008 at 03:20 AM.
Old 05-25-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
No sarcasm and zings are used here, just more moderately.

As I said previously, I think a B34 is kind of small to be inviting a second couple, much less one with a child aboard to share the boat with you.

Also, Jody points out, you've not posted an itinerary, even a tentative one, or mentioned what costs would be involved..

Also, IMHO you've basically spammed this forum with the three posts, which were essentially the same post, in three different threads... without providing any of the necessary information to make an informed decision.

Does this Bavaria 34 have three cabins or just two? What are your sailing qualifications? The reason I ask this is are you a qualified sailor or are you looking to share the charter because you don't know how to sail the boat well enough and are effectively looking to have the other couple run the boat for you???

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.

Last edited by sailingdog; 05-25-2008 at 06:30 AM.
Old 05-25-2008

Jody-
I don't believe I received your email, I have checked all my accounts and there is nothing. I contacted you as you seem to have experience artfully combining children and sailing. I aplogize for giving you any other impression or causing you consternation. My interest is not in profit. My desire to find qualified partners is an effort to have redundancy and only to provide safe passage and of course, to share costs and comraderie. Although my expectation is to share costs equally, I may be in position to underwrite the burden of the right person. Admittedly, sailing with kids is not eveyone's vision of joy.
P

Quote:
Originally Posted by artbyjody View Post
Mr. Peter,

You actually emailed me prior to posting the thread starting post and it was on a email address not registered through sailnet on friday (through by business email).

Considering I replied to such email (declining) and asked where you got the contact info to my other email addy (as I know no Peter Perkins) requesting for what is contained in the same post you made here, I beg to wonder if this is not a profit sharing deal.

You didn't win any kudos from me by not responding to my email (I inquired where you got my contact info as I do not know you) and within 24 hours of my reply to you, you do not answer the email but instead you are plastering this all over. I can imagine if you do not extend the courtesy of answering a question when you blindly solicit someone - that you might not be someone to cruise with anyways.

I agree with Sd as well, The B-34 is kinda small for a blanket cruise where you do not even state destinations, itinerary, etc or what the costs are you are expecting to have shared...
Old 05-25-2008

tomaz_423 will become famous soon enough
I try to look positive:
When we were younger we chartered Bavaria's 32 or 34 for 6 to 7 people.
The only problem we had was that the fridge could not cool all the beer...
So it can easy be done with two couples and a child or two.

I personally also do not see a problem if they want to share the costs - they will share the boat, so only the charter company is making the profit.
And to me two kids of similar age are good thing as they make company to each other - so they are less bored and less tyring for the parents. Two couples get twice the sailing and half the "child care" cores then a single couple.

Beneteau Oceanis 473

full time cruising
Old 05-25-2008
Capt Rich

Dzedzej is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Sharing the sail

Anything that promotes getting more people off the dock is good, and including the kids makes it better. I hope you can find some folks. Just a hint, 4 of the wrong people can make the QE2 small. Find a way to spend a little time with them before, a cookout at a park with each bringing half, it will show each what the other forgot...babysit each others kid....and have a good time

Rich

Richard Dzedzej
S/V Sea Devil

Old 05-25-2008

Tomaz and Dzedzej
Thank you both for the perspective, positive advice and helpful contribution.