SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Looking to crew from Guatemala/Honduras to Caribbean in late July

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  femke 
#1 ·
Hello! I'm looking to crew from Guatemala or Honduras to the Caribbean. I'm trying to get to St Croix to visit a friend, but anywhere in the vicinity would do perfectly. I'm 29 years old and from New Zealand, traveling about Central America for 5 months while in between jobs. I have some basic skills (RYC level 2 certificate) but am a quick learner and can cook too.

Cheers,

femke

#2 ·
Femke,

Don't want to rain on your parade, but July-August not the best time to be sailing in the Caribbean (hurricane season) and Honduras to St. Croix is basically 1000 nm dead into the wind. There probably are not many boats making that trip at anytime of the year. That said, if you're passing through Panama you might leave a note on the bulletin boards at the Panama Canal Yacht Club in Colon/Cristobal and the new marina across the bay from Colon at Fort Sherman. Who knows what might turn up.

Good luck,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.